Sunday, March 1, 2009

King of the Hammer Continued

My husband just called and told me that he came in 31st out of 94 competitors in the King of the Hammers off road race. You can click on King of Hammers to see my earlier post about the race. Only 34 participants finished the race. My own husband rolled his jeep three different times, but just kept on truckin'.



Here's a photo of my sweetie and me when we were newly married.

We had just had our first baby in this photo. I remember because of the striped sweater I was wearing, I wouldn't dare to wear horizontal stripes today. I don't think my husband would be wearing a floral shirt today either, but it was the early seventies and we were cool. L.O.L.


Here we are ten years later, at my Beverly Hills High School 10 year reunion in 1979, both with our perms, ha ha.

First place or thirty first place, he will always be my king of the hammer!
Here we are after all these years.



4 comments:

Nancy Wyatt said...

Those are great pictures Kathy! Thanks for sharing!

Grandma Honey said...

What fun pictures! You look like Sally Field in the last one. I just love old pictures. Show us more. :)

KBeau said...

Love that '70's look. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Jon and Steph said...

I loved seeing the pictures of you guys when you were younger!
I dig old photos ;)

Conrats to your husband, sounds like he did pretty good, better than being dead last!!

Have a great week Kathy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails