
I've been very busy and I am soooo late getting this post up, but it is Metamorphosis Monday and I don't want to miss out. If you would like to join in click here. Susan at Between Naps on the Porch is our hostess.
A few days before my husband lost his job we closed escrow on a little rental house right next door to where we live. Well, it needed some updating before we are able to rent it and I'm not completely finished, but I will show you what I have done.
This is the livingroom. We haven't done anything to this room yet. We are planning to paint the entire room white. We offered to buy the paint for the young couple who are looking to rent it, so that they could pick out the paint they wanted, but they said no thanks. When I was newly married I always asked if I could do the painting, so that I could have the place look just I wanted it, but I guess not everyone is like me in that way.
The lighting wasn't very good, but this is a buffet that seperates the living and dining area from the kitchen. The cabinets are new, but I guess the previous owner either never put a finish on them. The kitchen cabinets are more of the same. The room is situated on the southwest corner so the house gets plenty of light, so I decided to paint the cabinets black.
I absolutely love the way they turned out. The kitchen walls have not been painted yet, so the photo looks a little dingy, but we will spray the whole house white tonight.
This lamp is the one that came with the house. We plan on taking it down and spray painting it black as well. I will update this post later when we have finished.
A few days before my husband lost his job we closed escrow on a little rental house right next door to where we live. Well, it needed some updating before we are able to rent it and I'm not completely finished, but I will show you what I have done.
This is the livingroom. We haven't done anything to this room yet. We are planning to paint the entire room white. We offered to buy the paint for the young couple who are looking to rent it, so that they could pick out the paint they wanted, but they said no thanks. When I was newly married I always asked if I could do the painting, so that I could have the place look just I wanted it, but I guess not everyone is like me in that way.
The lighting wasn't very good, but this is a buffet that seperates the living and dining area from the kitchen. The cabinets are new, but I guess the previous owner either never put a finish on them. The kitchen cabinets are more of the same. The room is situated on the southwest corner so the house gets plenty of light, so I decided to paint the cabinets black.
I absolutely love the way they turned out. The kitchen walls have not been painted yet, so the photo looks a little dingy, but we will spray the whole house white tonight.
This lamp is the one that came with the house. We plan on taking it down and spray painting it black as well. I will update this post later when we have finished.


11 comments:
Big job but nice improvements!
Good luck on the job situation and renting etc.
Linda Q
Oh how wonderful to have a rental house! The kitchen is great, I think it'll be fun to do some painting in there~!
I saw a pic of you and your girls! I have 3 girls too (also a boy in the mix of 4!!)
And my oldest is 27 also! We have lots in common, looking forward to getting to know you! Blessings~
Robin Rane'
All Things Heart and Home
Love the colors you picked and what a sweet kitchen. I was the same way when I rented a house. I wanted to see if it was okay to repaint or pick colors if the landlords were going to plan to paint anyway! :)
The changes are amazing. I can't wait to see the chandelier painted!
This is my first time visiting! I love it. I know remodeling can be a big job, but it's worth it. You are doing a great job.
It looks like a lovely house. I love the changes you have made thus far. I hope all works out with the job situation. Certainly, you are not alone.
What a beautiful picture of you and your girls!
amy@maisonbelle
Wow, Kathy! I love the way the cabinets turned out. They look so great with the flooring color. Kudos to you and hubby for making a great transformation! I would love to paint my boys bathroom cabinets black, but, I can feel my husband cringing just thinking about it! The house is still very new. Maybe we should have an "accident" in that bathroom...hmmmm?
~Misti
It looks like a lovely house -- you really have made some great transformations.
Hi Kathy
I'm like you - I would have wanted to paint the living room myself if I was renting too!
The kitchen cupboards are looking great.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Best wishes
Catherine
Looking good, I can't wait to see it complete. My daughter has black cabinets in her kitchen too, and I love the look. Good luck on the rental and the job situation. Thanks for peeking in at my blog.
Maryrose
That is the way to have a rental house....right next door. You will probably not have trouble renting it with so many loosing their homes right now.
Post a Comment