
The Green Thumb is in Bakersfield, California. It opened about ten years ago, by a third generation florist named Dorothy. She started out of her garage and has become a well respected business woman in our community. When I first met Dorothy she was in a very tiny shop and I was in love with her store from the first time I walked in. She then moved to the location you see in the photo above, starting in part of the building and soon expanding to what you see now. It seems to be one of the few local shops to withstand our weakening economy. Dorothy knows people. She's always friendly and personable and aims to please. She knows her customers by name. You can click
here to see her website.

I have found some lovely things at The Green Thumb, over the years, for my St. Patrick's Day celebration, and this year was no exception. The selection of gifts is always unique and exceptional. She always has something at every price point, so that if you need a quick gift, you are sure to find one here.

Below are some of the unique vintage inspired tea towels and aprons.

From pillows to flower arrangements to wonderful candles they are all beautifully displayed.

This gorgeous pottery would make a lovely St. Patty's Day centerpiece.

Are you ready for Easter? Dorothy can get you ready with these whimsical bunny platters & plates.

Who wouldn't love these two at their Easter brunch? Are they just too caaauuute?

Do you see what I mean? The Green Thumb has the bunnies hopping this spring. I really like supporting local business whenever I can.
4 comments:
I love stores like that. We have some in old town Clovis and I need to visit them more...like you say, we should be supporting the local stores. I like that concept!
What a cute store! I love that there are stores like that with cute decorations or perfect gift ideas. I miss those!
You know how I love a great store! Thanks for the tour, Kathy. Any store that still has exposed brick walls would have me all over it! Love the "alice in wonderland" looking bunnies...
~Misti
This is such a cute shop! My parents live in Ridgecrest, CA and visit Bakersfield often, I'll have to pass this store on to them. And I just heart those whimsical bunnies!! :-)
BTW, thanks for stopping by and showing some bloggy love. I appreciate all your comments and input. My bedroom is still a work in progress, I am refinishing the dresser this spring, hopefully that will help it feel complete. :)
Post a Comment