Monday, March 30, 2009

Who Doesn't Love Pottery Barn?

Today I filled out an application to work at the Pottery Barn call center, which is coming to Shafter, Ca. mid April. We don't currently have a Pottery Barn Store in Bakersfield where I live. I don't really understand why we don't, but I'm thrilled that the corporation will be in operation about fifteen minutes from where I live. Maybe there is hope that we may get our own store soon. I sure hope so. We finally got a William Sonoma store in Bakersfield and it looks like Pottery Barn is part of the William Sonoma Corporation. I'm currently on a job search. It sure would be great to work for a company that I really like. We'll see. There were a lot of applicants, most of whom were younger than I am. I will hear on Wednesday whether or not I get an interview. I'll keep you all posted on my job search progress.


12 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I will say a prayer and keep you in my thoughts. That would be a fun place to work. Hugs, Marty

Kim said...

Oh Kathy - how exciting! I will keep my fingers crossed for you! I so heart Pottery Barn.

Domestic Designer said...

Good luck in your search! I really love Pottery Barn. If you work there I am sure you would get a good discount!:-) Have a great day and I hope you get good news!

Designs on 47th Street said...

Kathy, I do hope the PB job works out for you. A friend of mine worked at ours part time over the holidays and shortly after. Then they didn't have enough work for her. It seems it would be a fun job! Prayers said for you.

We used to live in Riverside and Merced and Atwater, CA! I'm trying to think where Bakersfield is...it's been a long time. Our oldest daughters were born in Riverside.

I saw on down where you walked for MS. My good friend has a 23 y/o dd with MS. It is already pretty advanced, so I thank you for walking for her.

Chloe's Couture said...

I sure hope you get a job at Pottery Barn, that would be sweet!! Also, that is awesome about the MS Walk that you all just did-we used to do those every year when we lived in the States and it was such a joy to Walk for a cause!!!

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Hi Donna, Bakersfield is between Los Angeles and Fresno. My husband was born in Riverside, it's about a 2 1/2 hour south of Bakersfield.

Bo said...

OK Kathy...my fingers are crossed for you to get the job...I'd probably spend every penny I made there...LOL ;-) Bo

Jon and Steph said...

What a fun job! I hope you get it!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I hope you get the job, Kathy! Let us know. I think that some company's want older employees because they have a better work ethic and because they don't quit at the drop of a hat. They are more stable. I hope you get exactly what you want! :-)

XO,

Sheila :-)

Lift Up Your Hearts said...

There wouldn't be a person more suitable than you!! Good luck!

Kathleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathleen said...

I have a Pottery Barn WmSonoma outlet here. I haunt the place..usually once a week..looking for bargains!
Good luck with your application...
The emp. get a 40% disc here on top of the sale price! I would spend my whole paycheck...
I used napkins from there for this week's TThurs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails