Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tablescape Thursday And An Elegant Birthday Luncheon

It is the 31st Tablescape Thursday and Susan at Between Naps on the Porch is our gracious hostess. Be sure and visit Susan here if you want to join in on the fun.


This past week I went to a birthday luncheon for my dear friend Brook, who I've known since the fifth grade. I thought I would share the tablescape that was set by the hostess Margo who graciously offered to throw my friend Brook a birthday luncheon.

Margo set a beautiful table with her husband's grandmother's china. Everything looked lovely.



Another friend of Brook's brought this beautiful birthday fruit tart from Bailey's in Beverly Hills. I must tell you, it was as deliscious as it looks.


I made these Eiffel Tower sugar cookies and they were a big hit. I should have taken the celophane off before taking a picture, but I wasn't thinking.


The centerpiece was so pretty. I'm not sure if Margo did the flowers herself or not, but they were a feast for the eyes.




Below is a picture of the birthday girl on the left and another dear friend from grammar school on the right. We will have our 40 year high school reunion in September. Don't they look fabulous!


There were sweet little notebooks with pens on each guests plate. They came in handy to, because we all shared our e-mail addresses and phone numbers before leaving the party.




The pretty hostess Margo on the left and the birthday girl on the right.


It was so nice catching up on our lives. Below is Brook, myself, and Brigette.

41 comments:

PAT said...

Beautiful table!!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Ohhh! looks like fun! Nothing like getting together with old friends! love your cookies! so frenchy!...Debbie

ellen b. said...

Oh how sweet it is to enjoy a lovely tablescape with friends!! The centerpiece is so lovely!

Kathleen said...

Very pretty table. Great to keep in touch with old friends...

Martha said...

A really pretty table -- and what a nice birthday lunch for your friend. Love the dessert . . . and the Eiffel tower cookies!

B said...

Everything looks just lovely. I especially like those cookies. Last year for our church's Mother's Day tea, we had a Paris theme and I made Eiffel Tower suckers from pink chocolate! Wish I'd had your cookie cutter and done the cookies.

Bo said...

Hey Kathy...what a wonderful luncheon for such a long lived friendship...this is what childhood friends are all about...
All of you girls still look lovely & spunky! ;-) Bo

Deb said...

So very pretty for a birthday luncheon!Deb

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Everything look maaaavelous! I bet that was a fun get together. Check back at my blog, I left a comment on writing on pictures.
I love you,because you are always one of my first visitors! I count on you to make me smile. Feel like I have known you forever!
~Misti

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh doesn't this look like a fun time!

Kathy said...

Hello Kathy, Margos birthday luncheon table for Brooke is beautiful, what a lovely thing to do and the food looked delicious, loved your ET cookies. Kathy.

xinex said...

You all look so lovely and happy and the tables looks so pretty...Christine

Kathy said...

What a great party! Everything looked wonderful.
xo...Kathy

Dream Mom said...

Oh, it sounds like such a fun time! The table was pretty and your cookies looked great!

Michelle said...

What a beautiful table! That must have been fun. :) I LOVE those cookies you made!! So chic..and that tart. YUM!

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

Very pretty table. That centerpiece is WONDERFUL!!! You have lovely china.

Grandma Honey said...

You had a friend there from grammar school?!!! You are so good at keeping in touch with friends from the past. Beautiful table settings!

susan said...

A lovely table, but what is lovlier is that you are keeping in touch. The older I get the more I value my friendships. There is something special about a friend who has known you longer than your husband :)

Kristens Creations said...

Very pretty! The centerpiece is gorgeousand that fruit tart looks delicious! Kristen

Jon and Steph said...

How pretty! That is so nice that you were able to catch up with so many of your long time friends. I LOVED your cookies, how cute!!!

a quiet life said...

looks like a great time, love those cookies~

Domestic Designer said...

Lovely table! There is nothing like getting together with friends!

Maryrose said...

Kathy,
Your luncheon looks like great fun. What a gift to have friends since 5th grade (and you all look so young). The table is beautiful and your cookies are sooo cute.
Thanks for the peak,
Maryrose

Unknown said...

Nothing better than sharing with friends. The china is gorgeous and the details so wonderful!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a lovely party with good friends! Loved this, Kathy! And the tablescape is so pretty.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Kim said...

EIFFEL TOWER SUGAR COOKIES!!! OMG Kathy, is there no end to your vast imagination?? LOL! You are one talented momma! Love that tablescape. Talk about elegant - I have chandelier envy!

Chandy said...

I love it! What a gorgeous table! And the food is oh so yummy-licious!

Alisa Lucas-Brown said...

What fun! It's great to have a get together with good friends! The birthday lunch was special. I love the little notebook idea. The flowers were gorgeous.
Alisa

C'est moi Claudette said...

I always say "there is nothing better than good old friends". Looks like a good time was had by all.
Happy 40th Reunion...I'm nearly there.
Happy TT
Love Claudie @ Bubblin' Over I do not use my blogger acc
xoxo

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

What a beautiful party! A lovely, and lucky group of friends, too!

Unknown said...

cute cookies, looks like a really lovely time was had by all
isn't it fun to celebrate special occassions with those we hold dear!
happy twirls,
Libby

The Stylish House said...

Kathy,
I love those Eiffel tower cookies, hum maybe I will have look online for a cookie cutter! I also liked the note book and pens for exchanging contact information, learn something new every day in blog land. Your friend’s table was lovely and that chandelier amazing.

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Looks like everyone had a great time...pretty table! Happy Tablescape Thursday ~ Susan

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Everything looks fabulous! And your Eiffel tower cookies look fabulous too. And the most important part was that everyone had a fabulous time! At least I hope they did.

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Hi Kathy-Isn't it just fun to have something special like this for dear long time girlfriends? The china is just beautiful and feminine. I agree that the centerpiece was so so pretty!

Southern Charm said...

Oh, it looks like you all had such a wonderful time.

Cass @ That Old House said...

What a lovely table, and lucky Brook to have such good friends with whom to celebrate her birthday!

I love the Eiffel tower cookies...especially with the plastic wrap still on! Thanks for the giggle... Cass

French Cupboard said...

Ooo.. I love the china! Thanks for sharing.

Quite note...Tomorrow is the monthly drawing for the followers of the French Cupboard blog! The French Cupboard is moving to Typepad soon (don’t worry, we’ll auto-redirect everything so you don’t have to search the blog haystack for us). As a follower of our blog, you qualify for our monthly drawings. Because our feed url is changing, we want to give you the opportunity to continue following the Cupboard at typepad. Just use this link to continue to follow: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/TheFrenchCupboard

Blessings... Polly

Mary said...

How lovely! And what a terrific chance to catch up with old friends... :)

Renae Moore said...

Kathy...what a lovely table and to have a friend from grammar school is such a sweet treasure! I love love love toile too! Fun to see all the pieces.
I always love new friends, so please feel free to come along for the ride!
Blessings...

Rue said...

Hi again Kathy :)

I finally had a real chance to catch up!

This tablescape was gorgeous! I love the cookies too. It looks like you had a great time :)

Happy belated Birthday to your beautiful daughter and her boyfriend!

rue

Related Posts with Thumbnails