It's the Twenty-Ninth Tablescape Thursday, being hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch. If you've never participated before click here and find out how much fun it is.
Yesterday my husband came home and told me he had lost his job. After fifteen years of service the company was downsizing. Anyway, the way I see it, this is time to have a cup of comfort tea. Actually, my son in-law greeted my husband at the door with a glass of wine. The tea is for me. This sweet little tea set was a gift for my birthday several years ago and I just love it. It reminds me that cherished friendships get you through the rough patches. Today my dear friend Nancy, in an effort to cheer me up, took me out to my favorite Cuban restaurant for lunch. What a precious friend. You can't have too many friends like that.
Truthfully, my husband and I are not too terribly sad. We view this as an opportunity to do something new. We are strong believers that when God closes one door, another is sure to open.
Naturally, if our money runs out before he gets a new job I may be singing a different tune. L.O.L.
Our whole country is in a crises right now. No one knows exactly what is a head, but our Heavenly Father instructs us not to worry, so I'm not gonna! I don't want to spoil the moment worrying when I would rather be drinking my comfort tea and anticipating an exciting future.




53 comments:
Enjoy your cup of tea....it looks wonderful. The teacup napkin ring is precious. Best wishes to your husband on his job hunt.
Oh Kathy! Thank goodness for friends and family. I'm praying that your husband will find something right away. I love your attitude and faith. And I love that tea set also! ((HUGS)) Jewel
Kathy I love the tea set and the little napkin ring is just precious. A good cup of tea and a visit with the Lord always puts the mind at ease. God Bless. I will keep you in prayer for a new job soon. Hugs, Marty
I sure hope that cup of tea soothes your soul...and prayers for y'all during this time!
Blessings on you and yours as you enjoy your comfort tea! None of us knows what the future on this earth holds but we know who holds our future. Happy TT to you!!
I love your tea scape - It looks so cozy, I wish I could sit down and visit with you over a cup of tea.
God is faithful!
Kathy, I will pray for you and your husband. I wish I could be there to have a cup of tea with you. I'm sorry to hear this, but I pray he will find something else even better and more rewarding.
Sending much love to you...
XO,
Sheila :-)
I love your beautiful tea set! You have such strong faith even in the face of disappointing news. You will be in my thoughts and prayers...hugs...Debbie
Beautiful tea set..and I am glad you have friends to comfort you..
It is terrible about your dh..It is awful what is happening...
Best wishes, and God bless!
I am sorry for your husband losing his job but I admire your great attitude. I believe another opportunity will come too. Your tea set is lovely!..Christine
What a beautiful tea tray! I sending my best wishes to you and your husband. You're so right, our God is in charge and He'll take care of you, I know! You're a shining example of faith, Dear One!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)
What a pretty setting -- sorry about your husband and I hope he finds another job soon.
Oh goodness, I am so sorry to read about your husband's job loss! My best friend's husband just lost his job as well (airline industry) with no real prospects for the future. It can really bring a girl down. So...I love the cheery tea set and I hope that it provided a small amount of comfort, if even for just a few minutes!
Lovely tea set, Kathy! and take comfort in remembering that we operate in God's economy...not the world's...and He owns everything!
Keep thanking Him and believing for His abundant provision!
Drink your comfort tea and enjoy looking forward to the future. I know from experience that a closed door means an open one to a new adventure. Best wishes to your husband in the job hunt.
Amen Kathy! You said a mouth full! What an inspiration you are. I know the Lord has something great because of your faith. Your table is so nice, I would like having a cup of tea! Deb
Your tea looks delicious. Sending four-leaf clovers your way.
Tea time with pretty dishes. Love the little cross-stitched napkin.
Cheers, Candy
I'm so sorry to hear about your husband losing his job. It's happening to more and more people. I'll say a prayer.
Oh wow. I'm sorry Kathy. I will be praying for you. You are so right, the country is in such crisis right now. I was just thinking tonight before I read this, about faith, and how it truly is believing during the hard times. You do have lots of faith and such a good attitude. Keep us posted.
Thank you for coming over and visiting my first tablescape! You have a lovely tea set! God Bless you and your husband during this time of change and new beginnings! I will be praying for you and your family. Your daughter's are precious! I have two boys! God Bless! Lauralu :)
Goodness! Enjoy your comfort tea! Send the best of wishes for a successful job hunt and future for your husband.
I am so sorry to hear of your husband's job loss.
Your tea serving is lovely, and i adore that white cart in the background.
I pray, along with many others, that your husband will find work soon.
Blessings,
Barbara Jean
What a precious tea set and I love your attitude. Cindy
Kathy, Remember our Lord is in control, not the world. You and your family will be in my prayers. I lost my job two years ago from IBM (downsizing). I was lucky enough to move to Calif. with my son. Love and Prayers, Suzanne
Kathy, Love the tea set. I pray that God would send you & Hubby encouragement today. I know God has plans for you & H, and also that surely He will direct you & H. Peace to you....Linda
oh kathy - what awful news. its happening everywhere in the world and over here too. So many people hurting. I will keep you both in my thoughts!! hugs krissie
What a pretty tea set! I'm sorry to hear your husband has lost his job. Your faith will see you through this. My husband is a builder and we are essentially out of business until things pick up. Let me leave you with this scripture which I'm sure you know. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Sorry to hear about your husband's job. I am wishing him a short job hunt. Love your attitude.
The teaset is very pretty and the comfort tea sounds wonderful.
So very sorry to hear about your husband's job loss. All the best in finding employment!!
Your tea tray is gorgeous.
Pat@Back Porch Musings
The whole set up is just so inviting! Great share today, thanks! Happy TT!
Sorry to hear about your husbands job, but your attitude & faith are worth millions!!! It will help him as he searches.
Loved your tea set, it is a comfort!
You have such a wonderful attitude! Best of luck to your husband in his job search.
I LOVE your tea set -- so very beautiful! ANd a cup of tea does make everything just a little better, doesn't it? :)
kathy,
We are all in this together and I wish you and your husband the best. Thank for sharing your sweet tea set, it was a bright spot in my day! Cathy
So sorry to here about the job loss. My husband had to take a 5% pay decrease as of March 1st. I view it as a challenge to get more creative with how we spend our money and now I really value what I buy. Love to you! The Dallums
omg...I just found out. I'm sorry about this happening, you have a good attitude about it! trying to not freak out is the biggest job in the world. I hope you are able to take this time to do stuff together and not sweat the future.
You have a great attitude. I would be falling to pieces. Luckily you have good friends and family to lean on.
But your tablescape is fabulous!!!
Lovely tea set; I'm sure it cheers you up every time you enjoy it. Praying the Lord leads your husband to a new job very soon.
Beautiful tea setting! Happy Tablescape Thursday ~ Susan
Such a pretty SPRING tea set!
Your tea set is lovely. I'm so sorry about the job.
Your tea set is beautiful. Beautiful tablescape. Hugs... God is good and faithful.
Kathy, I'm so sorry about your husband losing his job! This is really a scary time. I am so scared for our country right now. Tea was a good thing..and wine was even better for your hubby! That tea set is so adorable. :) Hang in there..things will get better!
Hi Kathy...your faith and your attitude are to be admired in these troubling times...I will also keep you in prayers for the new door of opportunity to open soon...;-) Bo
Ah Kathy, I love your tea set almost as much as your attitude! Keep positive...
Keep enjoying your tea and your lovely friends and family.
I love that bird house! :-)
Sending prayers your way!!
Just wanted you to know I have a giveaway going on right now. Hurry, ends tomorrow. :-)
So sorry to hear about your husband's job loss...we have been there and done that. When my daughter was a senior in H.S. both myself and my husband lost our jobs within 3 months of each other..we managed to get her through 4 years of college with alot of praying and begging for financial aid...it all works out in the end for the best....My husband's motto since then has been "Learn to live on unemployment benefits"....it makes you real frugal...Hang in there things will work out just fine...
Kathy,
I am also so sorry to hear of your husbands job loss. I think about the uncertainty of these times everyday. I pray that he will find a job quickly and with you and your positive attitude by his side I'm sure he will. I will join the others in prays for your family and others facing your same challenges. Enjoy your tea, your tea set is lovely.
Maryrose
Stunning! This is our 'cup of tea'!!
blessings,
kari & kijsa
Hi! I never did leave you a comment thanking you for the award. I'm going to post it soon...I'm so slow about these things!!! THANKS for thinking of me!
I love your tea set, the tray, the napkin is darling. I too believe when one door closes another will open. Life is hard for so many now. Including my children with no jobs. I totally understand how scary it is, for when we left our job because of my illness, three years later, it has been hard, but with family and God at your side you will make it. We sometimes have to adjust to another life, and we are still on that side. For we have a whole new lifestyle. Enjoy your tea, and take life as it comes, you may need to make a little lemonade in the next cup. Best Wishes for your next cup of tea.
Beautiful teaset and beautiful post, Kathy.
You and your husband have a wonderful attitude, and I know God will reward you both with something good. You just wait and see... ;)
Just wanted to let you know you won my blog giveaway. Send me your addy as soon as possible. Thanks so much for entering!! :-)
Post a Comment