Thanks Susan! If you've not visited Susan yet please click here, you are in for a treat. Maybe you'd like to join in the fun.
For my fifty- third birthday my daughters hosted a party for me with about 15 of my closest girlfriends. It was a magical evening. My son in-law and my youngest daughters boyfriend, at the time, along with my daughters, prepared the meal and served us in style. This is a little stroll down memory lane, so please bear with me.
My girls wore white shirts and black pants and did an awesome job of taking care of mine and my guests every need. My eledest daughter Amanda smiles for the camera below.
Don't the boys look great in their chefs hats and shirts. The food was superb and the service beyond compare!
The Eiffel Tower that you see below I purchased at Target. The card that rests on the structure was sent to me by a friend who spent her honeymoon at the Paris Hotel in Las Vegas. I just love it.
I'm sorry that my lighting wasn't very good, but these are the dishes that I get out when I need a Paris fix, without actually going there.
It doesn't show up all that well on the black and white polka dot overlay, so I decided to try and shoot it in better light, so that you can see how cute it is.
I'm sorry that my lighting wasn't very good, but these are the dishes that I get out when I need a Paris fix, without actually going there.





36 comments:
Wonderful party and table!!
What a wonderful party your kids had for you! I loved the idea of the frames with the different adjectives on them...so creative. I think it's a birthday you'll never forget.
Cute tablescape of the Eiffel Tower.
What fantastic daughters you have...that will be a party you won't soon forget! Definitely puts you in the Paris mode!!
Paris is such a fun theme for a party. Last year for Mother's Day our church ladies' group hosted a tea with a Paris theme. I love yours. And I love those cobalt blue dishes in the first pics. And how fun to have the framed words to spark conversation! Great job. Have a nice weekend.
:) Brenda
Awww, your children are so sweet throwing you a very special birthday party complete with them in chef and waitress' outfits! Love your fun Parisien tablescape!...Christine
The party was so nice and both tables were set so beautiful! Deb
What a wonderful family you have and what a great idea for your birthday. I love your french dishes too. Kathy.
Bonjour madame! Je'taime Paris aussi...I love your plates and setup...makes me feel like I'm in a Parisian bistro.
-marie
How very lovely of your daughters to honor you on your birthday in such a sweet way! Beautiful tablescape and your daughters are gorgeous! ~Katy
wonderful party...and wonderful memories!
Happy birthday! What a wonderful day you must have had.
Fun Fab party. What a group of sweet kids you have. Cobalt! one of my favorites. Paris...love the fun plates.
Ta-Ta, Candy
Kathy, what a fun party! And how sweet of your friends and family to host such a lovely gathering. Those dishes are just darling, and I love the Eiffel Tower!
XO,
Sheila :-)
What a great idea for a party -- a Paris party -- loved sharing your birhtday as well.
How nice of your kids to give you such a wonderful birthday dinner! And I love your tablescape...so frenchy! I love Paris, too!! ...Debbie
That looks like it was a great party!
The dishes are so cute!
Good food, family, friends, and dishes..A+
OOO La La, thanks for the trip to Paris! Your daughters were so thoughtful to give you such a great gift! It looks like it was a lot of fun!
Kathy,
Both tables look great. How special are you to have your daughters do a wonderful birthday dinner for you. I love that. I would love to go to Paris. Ahhh Paris. Thanks for sharing,
Maryrose
I hope Target still has some towers, that is just what I am looking for!
Hi Kathy!
What a great party your kids had for you!
Love those bistro plates...lovely way to escape to Paris for lunch!
Happy Spring!
;-D
How adorable Kathy! You and I share many things in common, amongst that is our 53rd birthday in 2009! ;) I reach mine next week! What a lovely party that was held in your honor! You've got a wealth of super friends and a super family! The cookies were adorable that you shared with your friends to take home., the lil roosters! ;) ~CC Catherine
So French, so magnifique! What a beautiful table! I posted about my VERY FIRST St. Pat's table!
I love the colors! Happy Thursday to you!
OH, what fun! You have wonderful daughters to do that. The table is great, too.
What sweet daughters! Love those "frenchy" dishes!
Kathy,
This is the best Tablescape of all surrounded by family and friends, filled with love!
I decided to try my hand at Tablescape Thursday. I posted late, but it's been fun.
Your daughters did a wonderful job! Love your Eiffel Tower! :D Jewel
What fun, two stories in one!
Your daughters did a wonderful job on your birthday party -- what a great idea. And your Paris tablescape is charming -- I LOVE those dishes. Thanks for sharing! Cass
You have fantastic kids. Great party. And your Parisian table, well all I can say is Ooh la la!! I love Paris, it is a fabulous city, I hope to return someday. I'm in love with Paris (the city, that is).
I adore the Parisian theme!
What special kiddo's to do that for you. It looks like you had a grand time. I love, love, love the rooster cookies. I've never seen those before.
I enjoyed your comments!
JudyBug
Wonderful party and cute french tablescape!!
Linda Q
Hi Kathy..What a sweet thing for your daughters to do for you! I did enjoy your fun Paris theme. Thanks for stopping by!
*** How LOVELY to see someone LOVED SOOO MUCH, by SOOO MANY!!! Looks like alot of fun, and mostly, the love you all share is MOST WONDERFUL & BEAUTIFUL of all!!! (Too bad there weren't tickets to Paris hidden SOMEWHERE! Maybe on the big 55???)~~~ Smiles, Linda
Kathy...great tablescape and more importantly...great fun! How wonderful of your children to do that for you! I love your Eiffel Tower tablescape...and the adorable plates! Thanks for sharing all the fun for Tablescape Thursday! Susan
DEAR KATHY,
THANK YOU FOR LETTING US BE PART OF YOUR PARTY. YOUR CHILDREN DID A WONDERFUL JOB...YOU PUT A LOT OF LOVE INTO THEM.
I LOVE THE EIFFEL TOWER SO VERY MUCH. I COLLECT THEM...IT IS A WISH/DREAM OF MINE TO GO TO PARIS ONE DAY.
I LOVE THE ROOSTER COOKIE....I COLLECT ROOSTERS AND CHICKENS SO I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ABLE TO EAT IT.
BLESSINGS
debbie
Love the french motif!
Post a Comment