Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day!

A big thank you for the giveaway that Our Daily Chocolate bestowed upon me. I received the news of my win on my 36th wedding anniversary, March 17. Thank you Anna Sophia! If you haven't visited Our Daily Chocolate, well, you really must!


Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Mr. Honey and I took off in our camper on Friday and headed for San Clemente State Park for a few precious days of fun in the sun. We needed to get a game plan for what we will do next. There is nothing like ocean air to clear your head and get a sense of direction. Most of you know already that Mr. Honey lost his job last week and we are having to get our wits about us and start over. After being married 36 years nothing much gets to us anymore. We've already weathered many a storm and with a little Irish luck we'll weather this one too.
Below we were being silly and taking our own picture.
Below is a St. Patty's day card that my daughter, son in-law and grandkids gave us for our anniversary.


When we got home from the beach today, our daughter Amanda had made Irish stew and Irish soda bread for our celebration dinner.


This photo of our chocolate cream pie dessert is shown first, because after all, life is short and so why not have dessert first. L.O.L.
Our three grandsons were so happy because the leprechauns had delivered gold covered chocolate coins, a little appetizer, if you will. The third grandson is hiding in the shadows.


After enough chocolate, we had our Irish stew, yum!


It was a lovely dinner and then off to the bath tub for our little chocolate covered leprechaun boys.


I'm still the luckiest woman to have found such love for the last 36 years. I'm part Irish, so it just figures that I would have a little luck of the Irish.

Below is a photo of myself and my middle daughter Brookie who met up with us at the beach . We shared an evening of dinner on the beach and s'mores by the campfire. Delicious!



13 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What precious pictures, Kathy! And a Happy Anniversary to you! Love all of these shots and love that your sweet daughter made that wonderful meal for you! And that you got to share a fun night with Brooke. You and your hubby are a beautiful couple, and I can see the love in those Irish eyes!

Happy Belated Anniversary and St. Patrick's Day!

XO,

Sheila :-)

momof3girls said...

Congrats on your wedding anniversary! That should be celebrated!! Your meal looked lovely that your daughter had made. I loved the dessert plates!

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you had a happy anniversary, Mom! You guys deserved it!

Grandma Honey said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
I had been wondering where you were. I've missed your posts. How sweet of Amanda to have a special St. Patricks/Anniversary dinner waiting for you when you returned from you trip!

Yolanda said...

Happy belated anniversary to you and Mr. Honey. Like my favorite song says, "We're still having fun, and you're still the one"!

DesignTies said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous St. Paddy's Day -- and anniversary too!! :-)

After 36 years of togetherness, you and your hubby will come away from this latest bump in the road fine, I'm sure :-) You obviously have a wonderful family that cares about you -- and that's what matters more than anything :-)

Now I have to go check out this yummy-sounding Our Daily Chocolate...!!!

Kelly @ DesignTies

Diane Gauthier said...

What a great time you had, I can feel the breeze on my face, looking at your pictures! What a beautiful campground. I'm jealous. It's just cold, gray and rainy here. But of course, I AM off to Germany (also cold, gray and rainy) on Saturday!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY YESTERDAY!!

Anne Marie said...

You look fabulous camping...I look I was just beaten by a bear!
hee hee

Susie Q said...

Such a lovely family and what a delicious meal too! I loved reading all about your St.Patrick's Day!
Warmly,
Sue

Chloe's Couture said...

Sounds like you had a great time!! I love the shamrock dish with the pie on it!!!! Congrats on 36 years! What a praise! Oh, and we did our London trip so check out my post! It was great!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! What wonderful pictures! You are as cute as a button and so are all your girls! What a nice daughter to cook the meal for you and your table looks so pretty.
I hope things will just fall into place for your dear hubby! He looks like a such a nice guy.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Happy Anniversary from one Red Door to another!

JudyBug said...

Love these pics and how your daughters do such lovely things for you. I'm so sorry about hubby's job and you will be in our prayers. We've been married almost 34...and yes, lots of storms but lots of mountain tops!

JudyBug

Related Posts with Thumbnails