It's the Eighth Metamorphosis Monday and Blue Monday too ... a double post! If you've never participated before, now's your chance, just visit Susan at Between Naps on the Porch. To find out how click here. Blue Monday is hosted by Smiling Sally. Hope you join in the fun.
This little flower bed has a sad story. My gardener mistakenly racked out all the sprouting sweet pea I had planted, thinking they were weeds. He doesn't speak English so there was no explaining to him what he had done.Today I tried again planting pansies hoping the gardener will certainly not mistake them for weeds. I think they look very pretty here. I'm a little late with my post, so this was the best transformation I could think of.
For Blue Monday I am sharing with you a pretty toile box that I found at Ross for about $12.00. I thought this was a great price for a little more storage, plus it's just pretty.
The blue heart stone necklace was made by my husband's grandfather who is no longer with us. It's especially precious to me because he gave it to my mother as a gift and when she passed on I inherited it.
For Blue Monday I am sharing with you a pretty toile box that I found at Ross for about $12.00. I thought this was a great price for a little more storage, plus it's just pretty.
The blue heart stone necklace was made by my husband's grandfather who is no longer with us. It's especially precious to me because he gave it to my mother as a gift and when she passed on I inherited it.




30 comments:
Awww, Kathy...so sad about your sweet peas...surely he can tell pansies aren't weeds...LOL
What sweet blue things you shared today...you & your sister look like proper young ladies all dressed up in the garden...what a treasure! ;-) Bo
Love all of your blue, especially that sweet heart necklace. And thanks for the pictures of Paris in the post below. I'm going in two weeks.
Hi Kathy! Sorry about the garden - but the pansies add lots of color just in time for Spring! I love that blue box - how charming!!
Your blue & whites are so pretty, especially the toile box and the teacup. I have a teacup almost exactly like that which belonged to my sweet grandmother. The the pic of you and sis....how often my mom dressed us alike, too! Nostalgic! Linda
Sweet peas don't grow well on the prairie but pansies do . . . love yours and they so say spring!
Pretty! Great choice to share for today! Happy Monday!
I love that picture of you and your sister! Happy Monday! Have a beautiful week.
(Visiting from Studio M Design.)
Kathy,
I love all your blue things, each is so special! Thank you for sharing...Cathy
Kathy my pansies have been blooming away all winter here. I have had my share of landscaper mishaps as well. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Truth be told, my Red Kitchen Aid does not get used as much as it should. I just like the color. On the other hand, I would be eating too many goodies if I used it too often!
Oh I love the blue dresses! Sorry about your flowers. :(
That's the thing about hiring a gardener. They don't always know what is what & disaster looms as opportunity. But, at some stage of the game you just run out of times, steam, & want to, to do it all. I can feel your pain. Been ther have that t-shirt. Sorry about the sweet peas. But, the pansies are pretty.
Hi Kathy :)
That picture of you and your sister is so cute!!
I feel for you about the sweetpeas... my son decided to mow the hydrangeas I planted last summer LOL
rue
Oh darn Kathy on your sweet peas. I have a hubby like that, does not know one thing from another and wacks it all back. I tell him to stay out of my flower beds!!
Looks so pretty!
Linda Q
my favorite by far is the dresses!
LOVE IT!
I collect vintage dresses and my daughters wear mine from when I was a child...
Love your blues, the teacup is so pretty, and the necklace is beautiful. I can't wait to plant pansies!
Oh Kathy, someone really doesn't know the difference between pansies and weeds! I love the blue dresses...so sweet.
Very pretty...great transformation. Love all the blue. I had fun hanging on your blog..first time here. cherry
Kathy, what a truly lovely post. I do love those sweet pansies and all the other pretty things you showed.
My favorite??? You and your sister all decked out in those sweet blue dresses. Love it!
I'm glad you like my dining room! ;)
Donna
Love all the blue vintage things, especially the picture;) Sorry about the garden but if you seen the lack of mine you would feel better trust me (lol) French;)
Oh your poor sweet peas (I love sweet peas by the way)...but your new pansies will do wonderful! I love that toile box! Ross and TJ are two of my favorite discount stores. I love the rest of your blue treasures too. :)
~Beautiful flowers.
Precious Blue box as well. ;)
Your poor sweet peas!! :( The pansies at least DO NOT look like weeds!! :) Good luck little pansies!
Hi Kathy,
Love your blog and the blue things are all so pretty but I especially love that pic of you and your sister. How nice... Cindy
Love your Blue Monday items, especially that box, adorable.
Sorry about the sweet peas, but the pansies look great too, there's no better metamorphosis than the one that brings us spring!
Kathy, this is so funny! I woke up in the night thinking about you and your sister in your blue dresses ~~~don't ask me why!! ;)
Anyway, now we know that you and I both have 3 beautiful daughters, 3 adorable grandsons a cute husband AND a sister!! Just had to share!
Enjoy your day!
Kathy, look how cute you and your sister are! That's a wonderful pic of the two of you, and I also love your cup and saucer, the box, and those gorgeous pansies!
I'm glad you came by because I wouldn't have wanted to miss this post.
Happy Blue Met Monday!
XO,
Sheila :-)
OH that picture of you and Nonie!! So darling and what a sweet idea to have it hanging in your bathroom. Priceless for sure.
Love the blue toile chest, it's so sweet, just like your pansies (mine always get eaten by killer snails).
I'm so glad you stopped by my blog. I enjoyed reading some of your recent entries, including your Paris trip. In the midst of reading, Sue Benham's name jumped out at me and I thought, gosh, could there be more than one Sue Benham? And it took another 10 minutes of reading through old entries to confirm that you're a Bakersfield girl, just like me. I knew Herb (and Sue, by default) 20+ years ago, when their kids were small and Herb still had the wine store.
When I get the kitchen done, you can come right on over and see it in person if you like :o) Be sure to bring a mop and a blindfold, 'cause the rest of the house is ready for the same TLC and updates.
Victoria
another Bakersfield transplant
Just came by for the first time...I've enjoyed my visit and love this post with all your blue! The one of you and your sister reminds me of pictures of me and my sisters. Connie
love your blue post... you had party frocks there too... I like yours so sweet standing there with your sister. Werent those days so sweet!
Post a Comment