Saturday, March 28, 2009

Walk for a Cure

Today was the annual walk to raise money to find a cure for M.S. My daughter's friend, Sarah, led a team and made it her goal to raise $5,000 to contribute to this very important organization. I think she achieved her goal, with the help of family and friends.

It took a ton of volunteers to organize this event and I would have to say it was a great success!

There were stations set up along the bike path with snacks and drinks to encourage the walkers to finish. Lunch was provided after the walk and there was music for entertainment.
Above is a photo of my grandsons and my daughter after a long walk. Have you ever tried to get three tired kids to smile at the same time? L.O.L.

Even I took a break and sat down for a while, with a green tea, after the nice long walk. I have to say, we had a gorgeous, sunny, California day for the event. A big thanks to Sarah for inviting us to be part of her team. It was an honor.


15 comments:

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

I think it's wonderful that you participated. Our youngest son was diagnosed with a particularly nasty version of MS. Only 29...We are having a walk in April in Green Bay, WI.
Glad you got your print, and thanks for blogging about it.
You are sweet and I'm glad to know you.
Blessings,
Pam

Miss Gracie's House said...

What a great cause! Thank you for the sweet comments and visit to my place.
Rene'
PS Those Eiffel Tower cookies are too cute!

Jon and Steph said...

What an awesome way to raise money for MS!

Grandma Honey said...

There is something about seeing you in those dark glasses and hat that reminds me of your mom. And Franklin sure does look like your dad. Once you pointed it out I can totally see it!

Domestic Designer said...

What a wonderful cause! I have two friends with MS and they usually have a team in the local MS walk! Congratulations on the money raised!

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Kathy,
What an awesome cause!!! You are so generous to give of your time and what an example you are setting for your family!!! Thanks for your sweet comment!!! Have a great day.
God Bless!
Cathy

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a great cause! Everyone is to be commended for supporting it!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Michelle said...

Great, great cause! The weather looked perfect for the walk as well. I only wish we had better weather...it's still raining (okay wtih a few sun breaks). :)

Rue said...

Hi Kathy :)

What a wonderful thing to do. Your family is beautiful!

I'll be back to catch up more, but right now I need to get some sleep. Please forgive me for not coming by more often. I just love your blog.

hugs,
rue

Bo said...

Hi Kathy...wonderful walk for the cause and I hope they find a cure in our lifetime! Your grandsons look like they're all boy...LOL
;-) Bo

Anonymous said...

So wonderful that you were involved in such a fantastic event. My dad died of a disease similar to MS so it is great to see people working for this cause.
PS love your Eiffel Tower cookies
PPS I've typed this out twice...I don't think the first time worked, so if you have two messages from me - sorry! :)

momof3girls said...

congrats on Sarah's team success!! Way to go, looks like you all had fun, and were very busy!

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Kathy,
Thank you for your sweet comment. Stop[ by again soon.
XOXO
Cathy

Anonymous said...

It was very fun!
I am glad you joined our team
Thanks for coming!
~Iris

Kim said...

Hi Kathy! Thanks for letting me know I forgot to put the link on my post for the giveaway. I just added it if you wanna try again. Sorry!!
Kim

Related Posts with Thumbnails