Have you noticed that aprons have come back into style in the biggest way? My daughter wears an apron everyday and she has many. She graciously let me snap a picture of her in my Desperate Housewives apron. She was in the middle of fixing dinner, so thank you Amanda, for humoring me. Doesn't she look adorable.
There are certainly days when I feel desperate, how about you? Today was one of them. Amanda helped calm my nerves by helping me with all my computer problems today.
Here's a closeup of my apron. Anytime you're feeling desperate Amanda, you are welcome to borrow it.
Here's another pretty apron that Amanda wears quite a bit. She has seven egg laying chicks out in the chicken coupe in the backyard, so this apron gets plenty of use when collecting those eggs in the morning. Be sure and click here to visit Amanda and her chickens and her beautiful boys.
Here is where she has more aprons hanging, washed and ready to use. This particular one is so bright and cheery. Amanda's husband thinks women look sexy in aprons. God bless Scott, you've gotta love that man.Below are fabrics and a pattern that I have ready to make Amanda another sweet apron. This fabric has knitting chickens with balls of yarn. She loves it. I was planning on teaching her to sew with this pattern, but I may have to start on it, she is so busy these day.
You see more fabric below that I plan on making mother-daughter aprons for a couple of my nieces for Mother's Day. They both adore Paris. I couldn't believe it when I found Eiffel Tower buttons to embellish the aprons. It's okay if they read this blog and see what they are getting, because I'm terrible about surprises anyway. Just click on the picture so that you don't miss out on seeing the buttons. I just love them.


13 comments:
Awww...Kathy, you are so sweet! Thanks so much for finding apron inspiration with me. My very first apron was given to me by my best girlfriend, she made it then printed an Eiffel Tower on transfer paper and ironed it on. Needless to say, I love your Paris print fabric! Your daughter is so lucky to have such a caring mom. Thanks for linking to me, you are wonderful!
~Misti
Hey Kathy! Great fabric find, your daughter is adorable and lucky to have such a thoughtful mom. If you need any help fixing up your blog with an of the HO3 stuff let me know. hugs
One of my favorite apron designers is the "kitchen madonna" she calls her self- she sells on etsy-
I am wearing one on my sidebar-
I don't even like to sew, but this post makes me want to visit a fabric store. Such cute fabrics you have shown! I didn't realize aprons have come back in style so much...but then I do have 4 I received as gifts so that should have been my clue.
I was just thinking today Kathy how lucky you are to have your daughter and grandsons living right next door!
I wear an apron almost everyday. What great seelctions.
Morning, Kathy! I love your aprons! And those cute fabrics. You make me want to pull out my apron pattern and go to town!
Be a sweetie,
shelia :)
I love her blog! She is so talented! You have a great blog too!
Hi Kathy :)
Oh!! I just love aprons! Those are some really cute ones too :)
Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments you've left me. I feel awful that it's taken so long to return the favor, but this house is taking almost all my blogging time. I promise I won't always be so awful.
You live in my home state? I grew up in Arcadia in the Oaks. Do you know where that is?
Anyway, thank you so much again :)
rue
I have to say I love the designs for the aprons in the last photo, The are so cute!
oh wow what great aprons - I love sewing, this may even inspire me to try amking an apron or two!
Hi Kathy, Aprons have certainly made a come-back! But now more as a fashion statement! I just bought the Apronology magazine and there are some very interesting aprons in there! Someone made one from a wedding dress! (I doubt she cooks in it : ) A friend made me a cute apron that has shoes on one side and hats on the other. Tre' Chic!
Just now seeing this...thank you!! Now I understand your email to me about it being all about aprons. LOL! :)
Oh how cute is that fabric? I love aprons too, but my hubby thinks they're too old-fashioned. I have one of my own and then his Grandmother's, which I cherish.
Post a Comment