Today is Metomorphosis Monday being hosted by Between Naps on the Porch and I'm getting a late start.My big find of the week was this bread box that I found at the good will for $5.75. With a can of spray paint and a little elbow grease I was able to turn this old bread box into a jewel for my kitchen.




15 comments:
It IS very cute. Now if Den were to see this he would say, "I wish I knew the history behind that bread box." He gets me thinking that way too. I wonder whose kitchen it was in, and how many years ago it was, and what kind of a life those people lived.
i think your bread box looks wonderful and it certainly does look great with your cannisters.
hugs
janet
I DIG IT!
That is so cute painted red. I like the fact that you can hide things in there and close the door, too. Linda
very cute! I can't wait for spring for garage sales to start. I miss finding hidden treasures like these!
Looks cute red, love the makeover! Thanks for stopping by for a visit.
What a neat piece...good for you that you saw it's potential! Looks great painted red! :-)
Susan
What a great find! I can't believe you found it at the Goodwill! It looks great!
And thanks for your very kind comment on my Met Monday post! I appreciate it! :)
~Karla
I would love to find a piece like that. I really never know what to do with the bread. Bread boxes aren't so popular anymore...but I like them. great job
Yes, it looks good b/w the canisters and it looks good painted red...Christine
Great find! You are so creative. I love finding antiques and fixing them up. Thanks for sharing. Great job!
I just love the red color!
Hi Kathy! I missed this yesterday! I just love your bread box and yes, it looks great between those precious canisters.
Thanks for the visit and I will enter your name in my giveaway.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
What a great project, Kathy! It looks wonderful.
Kathy
Great makeover! Thanks to your blog I discovered "Between Naps on the Porch" and I want to put some of my Metamorphasis posts in there!! Thanks Kathy!
Post a Comment