When I was in London this past year I spent a lot of time going through museums, walking the streets, climbing stairs and seeing the sights, but as wonderful as this all was, tea time was my favorite part of the day. It was a time to reflect on everything I saw and rest my weary feet.Now that I'm home, and have no adventures planned in the foreseeable future, tea time is still a welcomed part of my day.
Recently, I have been giving my daughter Amanda some rather simple sewing lessons and she has managed to make some darling napkins out of recycled kitchen curtains. She was my inspiration for the tea time napkin you see in the picture above. I fell in love with this fabric, and the colors work beautifully in Amanda's house, so of course I had to make more napkins for her.
When I finish making napkins out of the tea pot fabric, Amanda and I will simply have to take time for tea.


9 comments:
Thanks, Mom, for teaching your dd to sew and also for the goodies she has offered up for her drawing this week!
I taught my 8yo dd to sew yesterday, on her birthday. That was her birthday wish was for me to teach her to sew and help her make a quilt block ;-)
Hello Kathy! I have been reading your daughter's blog for a long time. I too make cloth napkins. I too have a compost pile. I too did "attachment parenting". I too homeschooled my children (long ago)and I very much appreciate her perspective on life. You must be a special person to have raised such a clear-thinking daughter. (I even like the books she reads!) I think she and I would get along great! Thanks for raising such a wonderful girl!
Darlene Lester
Ohhhhh beautiful!! You're right, they're a perfect fit in Amanda's home!!
Great items. I wish I were as talented as you. THanks.
I love the pink background! go see my comment on Amanda's blog for the salad I made tonight for dinner (while we played scrabble on facebook!)
Hi! I enjoy reading your daughter's blog and I think it's so sweet that she wanted us to thank you for the giveaway. So, thank you :)
Darling. I'm coming over from Amanda's blog. I've been following her blog for about a year now.
Darling fabric! I like the pin cushion too. :) I'm in awe that Amanda would make napkins out of her curtains! She reminds me of Maria in Sound of Music where she made play clothes for the kids out of the drapes.
I agree, I think the pin cushion is adorable!
Post a Comment