It is Grampa Jack's 80th birthday tomorrow, but since his birthday fell on a week day and we wanted to have a celebration that most everyone could attend, we celebrated yesterday, instead, on a Sunday.
Everyone agreed that Noriega's would be the best choice for the celebration. Noriega's is a restaurant in Bakersfield that has long been known for their traditional Basque cuisine. They serve family style and the food just keeps coming. We start off with soup, beans and salsa, and move right along to salad, marinated tomatoes, herb cottage cheese, spagetti, french fries, beef stew, chicken, and tongue. After cake and ice cream, what can I say? Feather anyone? We were all stuffed. Grampa Jack's kind of place!
The photo left to right: Grampa Jack, eldest son Richard in green, son in-law Fred and only daughter Sherree.
I see a hand up for more french fries.
Grampa is in great shape. He's going jeeping with Richard in a couple of weeks and he's full of life. Happy Birthday Grampa Jack. We all love you.


5 comments:
This looks like a fun event. Thank you for your warm comments about my own Papa Jack and my dear friend Tracy. Just think you can already have your post written for Feb. 11 next year. :)
Hi Kathy :)
What a big beautiful family! Your Grandpa must have been thrilled to have most of the family there :)
I'm so glad your cousin told you about me!
rue :)
SO sad we missed the event! I hope the book arrives in time for Richard to take it to him!
This combination of food reminds me of a dinner we attended last summer in Fresno at the Basque Restaurant. I did a post on it last Jul. 22
But this place looks A LOT better than the one we went to. I love family style though. And I love variety.
Post a Comment