Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Twenty-Seventh Tablescape Thursday


February 26 is the 27th Tablescape Thursday hosted by Susan. Click on Between Naps on the Porch
I know, I know, it's not even March yet, but I'm ready. My husband and I got married on St. Patty's Day 36 years ago, so it's absolutely one of my favorite days of the year.
Every year I buy some little thing signifying our special day. A couple of years ago I purchased this teapot from my favorite gift shop and florist, appropriately called, The Green Thumb. It's the perfect centerpiece for my table.

Last year I found this beautiful table cloth that you see below, with eight matching napkins at the street market in Paris. Well, you can see why I absolutely had to have it. I've never regretted my purchase for a single moment.

The little shamrock salad plates I found a few weeks ago at Marshall's. I wish they had more, but I was so glad to get all that they had.

I had a difficult time with the lighting when I photographed my table, but you get the idea.

29 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

Oh you make me regret not going to Marshalls a few weeks ago. They probably had those shamrock plates here too. So I'm curious, do you keep your table set that way every day until March 17th is over?

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Yes I do. I love it.

Tracy said...

What an absolutely gorgeous tablecloth! I have never seen such a classy, feminine interpretation of St. Patrick's Day, very well done!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how sweet! I love those little plates and your pretty tablecloth. WAAA! I don't have any St. Patrick's Day dishes!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Diana LaMarre said...

Those are the cutest shamrock plates. How special that St. P is also your anniversary.

Cass @ That Old House said...

How adorable! Shamrock plates AND table linen. I enlarged your pics and fell in LOVE with those little tea cup napkin rings... oh wow, so precious.

Thanks for commenting on my TT post and entering my giveaway! Good luck!
Cass

B said...

Hi, Kathy,
Thanks for stopping by BzPlace.
I absolutely love that beautiful tablecloth, and those shamrock plates, too. The whole tablescape is lovely, and what a great way to remember your anniversary, huh! :)
Brenda

Chandy said...

Beautiful table! I love those plates! Anyway, your link from Mr.Linky in Susan's (Between) is not directing you here, so I'm glad I found you on this blog.

Great job again...

Carolyn of What Now? Tablescapes

Chandy said...

It's me again... Your name is misspelled on Susan's link, that's why. Ok, great table again... :-D

Carolyn of WNT

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

So sweet. I love that tablecloth. I am not into St. Patty's day, but I would be if I had those plates.

Suzanne said...

You have really found some great things. I just LOVE everything. Great tablescape. I haven't had such luck. I also celebrate this day. It is my B-DAY. Happy Anniversary. Love and Prayers. Suzanne

Designs on 47th Street said...

How fun to find you because ~~~ I have 3 beautiful daugthers, 3 sweet grandsons AND a handsome husband! LOL! Isn't that ironic? I have you beat by 2 1/2 yrs. on the marriage time though!

Love your tablescape! My favorite is that beautiful tablecloth...love it, love it!

I hope you'll stop by to say hi!

Donna

Peggy said...

The tablecoth is amazing..no wonder you couldn't pass it up. And such cute shamrock plates. Very nice setting. Peggy from PA

Chloe's Couture said...

I absolutely love those shamrock plates!!! Man, I miss Marshalls!!

Anonymous said...

*This is awesome.I LOVE that tablecloth.My oldest daughter was married on St.Patricks Day also 23 yrs ago.
The plates are precious.I know I've been wanting to go ahead and show mine.But I only have one set so I'd best wait until closer to St.Patricks day.but dear this tablescape is so nice.It's hard not to be kiddish with this and you pulled it off beautifully....Ann

KBeau said...

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one that posted a wrong link. The link I posted went to an old blog entry that had absolutely nothing to do with tablescapes.

I will be going to Paris in a few weeks. I've got to check out the market.

Kathleen said...

Oh, I love your table! St Patrick's Day is a favorite of mine..That is a beautiful tablecloth! And the plates, so pretty....My sister collects the Belleek and has service for 12...I want them!!
Thank you for visiting my blog..and please come back for the St Patrick's Day Party..everyone is invited...Mr Linky will be up the 16th..anything Irish!
If you have an email I am going to send you a pic of my Irish Nativity, I featured it on my blog around Christmas..

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Happy St. Patty's Day! And happy anniversary! Love the tablescape!...Debbie

ellen b. said...

Ha! I'm glad you got the link right! I kept clicking to nowhere
:0)
What a great St. Pat's table. The Tablecloth is just beautiful. Great choice to buy it!!
The little shamrock salad plates are so much fun!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Running late this week visiting blogs....again...wonderful St Patrick's day table!
Hope you had a great Tablescape Thursday
Susan

Linda Q said...

Great table, just in time for next Month!
Linda Q

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

What a cute table !! Love your tablecloth !

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Very pretty green and white table! Loved your shamrock plates! Don't you just love Marshall's?? Huggy Hugs!

Terri Steffes said...

I am in love with your adorable shamrock plates. So cute!

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

I love your shamrock table. The cloth and napkins were a real find. It's so unique!

Maryrose said...

Hi Kathy,
I love St Patrick's Day too, but not for the sweet romantic reason you do. With the last name of Kelley I have no choice, I inherited the love for the Irish when I chose to love one. Beautiful table and thanks for stopping by my blog. I will be back for more visits. Maryrose

Belinda said...

Oh, your tablecloth is absolutely stunning, and of COURSE, you have to have a St. Patrick's Day tablescape to commemorate your anniversary! :-) And this is one of the most elegant St. Patrick's Day settings I have EVER seen...its just beautiful. :-)

Elaine said...

I really do think that's the nicest St. Patricks Tablescape I've ever seen. It's so pretty!
Elaine

teachermomof2 said...

Your tablescape is so sweet! I love the dishes and the linens were a great find!

Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails