Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Organization

Spring cleaning and organizing is going on over at Thrifty Decor Chick , so in the spirit of organizing I'll share with you a few things that I have done. Above you see a laundry basket that I have covered with fabric to match my bathroom curtains. I just made basically the same bag that came on the laundry hamper and then attached it to the already existing laundry bag.

When we moved into the house we're in now we remodeled the bathroom and it didn't have quite enough storage for my taste, so when I saw this hutch in an antique mall I decided it would do the trick. I added more of the fabric I used for the laundry hamper for the windows to the hutch. You'll see below that when the hutch doors are open everything is neat and tidy in baskets that have blue and white striped liners. I bought those cute baskets at Target. I actually bought a lot of those baskets and used them to organize my lingerie drawer in my dresser, seperating socks, undies, & slips, etc.


In the corner of the counter I use another one of those baskets to keep my makeup and I always cover it with a clean white wash cloth, which I use and replace daily. I probably have fifty of those wash cloths.

Here in the entry of my home is a small table which houses a pretty box to collect the mail my husband rarely reads, l.ol. My keys hang directly above. Believe me, this has been a life saver, because before I had this system, I was always losing my keys.

Below you can see how pretty that box that holds the mail is when it's closed.



Here's another good place to store magazines, in this beautiful ottoman. I love ottomans because I love putting my feet up. This one just happens to be a storage ottoman.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! I'm so impressed with all you've been doing. I love the little liner you made for the laundry! You're making me want to spiff - oh no! ;)
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Lorie said...

It all looks great! I am about to get on the Spring Cleaning bandwagon here myself!

Unknown said...

Who could ever have too many storage areas and bins. You have given me some good ideas. I have to admit that I'm not as organized as you. Maybe one day. You're very creative.

Grandma Honey said...

I love all the nice touches you have in your home. I like your makeup idea too. I also have about 50 of those white washcloths. That's the only color I like to wash my face with. They just seem cleaner to me than colored ones.

Amanda said...

Yep, you have the prettiest bathroom of anyone I know. I forgot how much of it you made yourself!

So, like, how do you keep your washcloths so white? The ones you gave me are already getting gray stains. The boys are always using them to wipe mud off their feet.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kathleen!
What's the name of the yellow paint in the entry of your home? I'm thinking of what color to paint my kitchen.
Sarah S.

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Hi Iris, the yellow paint in my entry is called Blonde in the Ralph Lauren collection at Home Depot.

Free Art Printables said...

Love what you did to that hutch!

Related Posts with Thumbnails