Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Little Bit of Whimsy




Sometimes all I need is some small whimsical object to make me smile. This time it was a wire Farris wheel that caught my eye. I thought it looked very French. I've been admiring it on PB for some time, but didn't want to spend the money, and then I took a spontaneous trip to Valencia after work one day, and found my adored Farris wheel on the clearance shelf at PB. I put little votive candles in the seats and lit it up! Does it make you smile, it did me!

10 comments:

Seawashed said...

Yes it does. You still work for PB right?

Sorry I missed your tea...I've been so busy...is it raining where you are too? ox

Maryrose said...

Hi Kathleen,
Thanks for the smile...it did indeed make me smile too. Enjoy your whimsical day. :)
Maryrose

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Oh I just love this! I have had my eye on it for awhile too!

The perfect touch of whimsy!

Enjoy!
Cathy

Karen Mortensen said...

That is so cute. I love it.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How cute! Don't you love it when something you really want goes on sale?

Farmgirl Paints said...

That is just beyond cute. Love that you put votive candles in. I wouldn't have thought of that:)

Carolyn said...

Oh, I love it! It certainly did make me smile! :) But now I want you! LOL! My granddaughters would love it!!

Hugs, Carolyn ~ Cottage Sunshine

Diane Gauthier said...

I love it!

Decor To Adore said...

Ah the ferris wheel! I have longingly looked at it too. How lucky you are to have found it on clearance.

Burlap Luxe said...

Hello kathy,
Behind her beautiful red door. I ahve two friends who have painted their front doors red and it always feels French walking up to the house.

Thank you for stopping by my place and your comment was way sweet!!
I will be back to check your blogs out soon.
I am going to hop over and check out your daughters site before I leave :)

your welcome to my site anytime :)

xx
Dore

Related Posts with Thumbnails