Saturday, April 10, 2010

Road Trip to Tucson

Last night my middle daughter Brook opened for Mark Growden at the Screening Room in Tucson.

Last year Brook set a goal for herself to write 20 songs by Jan.1 of 2010. She not only accomplished her goal but managed to round up some very talented musicians to accompany her on the mandolin, guitar and cello.

Luck has always been on my Brookie's side and this was no exception. Of course she has always been a tireless worker and with all of her hard work she landed her first big gig. Opening for Mark Growden, with accompaniment by Brian Hullfish, Oliver Blaylock and Paul Wright from Missing Parts her dreams are being manifested.

If you would like to hear her first recorded song you can visit her website and click on music. I think I've listened to this song at least one hundred times since she posted it. For a short time she took it off the website, because she didn't feel it was good enough. Being her mother, I insisted it was good enough and told her I would cry if she didn't put it back up immediately. Yes, I succumbed to mother guilt, but I had no other choice!

This morning my eldest daughter packed up the car and headed to Tucson with my three grandsons to see her sister's singing debut. My grandsons are so excited to see their Auntie and be treated to back stage passes to meet the band and congratulate their Auntie Brookie.

My daughter Amanda will celebrate her birthday with her sons and her sister on Wednesday April 14th and then head home. I wish I could be with them, but I'm so glad Brook will have her sister and her nephews to cheer her on!






6 comments:

Nancy's Notes said...

Kathy, how very exciting for Brook!! That's neat that she opened for Mark Growden at the Screening Room in Tucson! I'll go check out her website and listen to her music for sure. What a nice sister to go and be there for her debut! You have raised some nice daughters!

Thanks for dropping by to see me!

Nancy

Kim said...

To be that young and so goal-oriented is unbelievable! You must be so proud Kathy. What an amazing talent your Brook is.
xoxo,
Kim

Seawashed said...

Wow!!!! You must be so proud. It is not easy to make it in the music world. My son was the lead singer/screamer of a few bands at age 16-18. He played in clubs around our city. But it is a difficult arena to pursue. Your daughter's are beautiful and so talented. I wish you could go with them too! I am going to go over to her website and listen now. I love Brookie's style.

Grandma Honey said...

She has a pretty voice, but it's also very unique. You must be so proud! Love the pictures of the boys. I sure see your Dad in 2 of them, and then the 3rd looks like you.

Yolanda said...

Wow!! I am blown away by Brooke's talent.You and Richard must be busting at the seams with pride.We have taken the road trip to Tucson many times and I give Amanda a lot of credit driving by herself with the three boys to be there for her sister. What a loving family you have.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Kathleen...

So happy for your Brook, my friend! Of course, I had to follow your link over to hear her sing...what a beautiful song she is singing over at her website...she has a fabulous voice!!! Best wishes to Brook in all of her endeavours...how exciting!!!

Thank you for sharing this beautiful post with us today for Sunday Favorites! I do apologize at being so late to come by. We had such beautiful weather yesterday, I ended up spending much of the day outside...Spring fever got the best of me...hehe!!!

Warmest wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

Related Posts with Thumbnails