This is part two of my post on my day in Nipomo at the Remnants of the Past Vintage Show. I absolutely fell in love with this bike and the way they displayed it atop the old wagon.

...and check out this beautiful display of flowers on an old door painted robin's egg blue. The flowers in the mason jars are from a snowball tree. Have you ever heard of a snowball tree. I saw my first snowball tree in Portland, Oregon and I was instantly in love.


The produce was displayed just like the markets in Paris, abundant and colorful, it was a feast for the eyes.


I loved this collection of religious medallions. It made me think of a jewelery designer friend of mine who fashions beautiful necklaces from vintage rosaries. She would have been in heaven to see this particular collection.

I could have spent a small fortune at the booth below, however, I did control myself. I loved all the necklaces and pins.


This precious shadow box caught my eye because I have a friend that made a shadow box similar to this one for all of her children with trinkets from their childhood.

Groupings of similar objects like these wonderful vintage clocks make such an impressive statement.

These cloth story books were from the late 1800's to 1920. They were absolutely precious.

Check out the pillows below that were fashioned from these darling vintage story books.



Remember the movie When Harry Met Sally and how Sally's best friend and her boyfriend fought over whether to keep the wagon wheel coffee table. What were they thinking? They only needed to re-purpose the wagon wheel into a stunning chandelier, complete with mason jar light fixtures. Of course the fact that this chandelier is in a barn makes all the difference!


Love the display of old bottles!

These two chairs were two of the treasures my daughter took home with us. She is redoing a sun porch for a craft room all her own. Won't these chairs be perfect? I loved the flowers hanging in a mason jar. These jars lined the walkway into the show.

I took this photo below for Mr. Honey. I thought he might get a kick out of seeing a vintage Jeep grill.

I would have loved to take home this pricey chaise, but my budget said absolutely not!

These cupcakes were beautiful. I don't know how I managed not to eat one. If you are ever in San Luis Obispo you might want to stop by
Amy Bakes Cupcakes.

I loved the pretty umbrella over the cupcake display. It was so festive and inviting!

This poor husband was exhausted by the middle of the day and passersby were snapping photos of him right and left. He wasn't drooling or anything, but my guess is a photo similar to this one will be showing up all over blog land!
6 comments:
OH fun! I have a hard time choosing though and will often get totally overwhelmed at these sorts of places -- I hope you brought home some treasures!
Oh my this is such a lovely spot...I think I would go crazy! Thanks for sharing my friend..just by looking through your photos I see so many things I would of loved to bring home..including one of those cupcakes. !
Oh my gosh....that chaise is to die for!!!How expensive was it?!? I could spend a week there,all the best,Chrissy
Hi Kathy! Just got home from Natchez and am now getting a chance to catch up with all of my blogging neighbors that came by to call while I was away! This looks like a FABULOUS sale and I was really drooling at all of the LOVELY things to buy and admire. You did a great job of capturing it for us so that we got to come along! So much fun to hear that one of your daughters and I both share 4-14 as a b-day. AND, I was ALSO in Carmel when expecting my first baby--a girl. We'd been trying for so many years and I think I probably just floated around that town....I was six months along and on a business trip where my hubby was able to join me. Wonderful memories. Come see me, soon! xx P&H
Hi Kathleen..
I am Kathleen too, and I have a red door too! :)
I like the bike..I have a trike like that I got for free..I was walking down to the beach and there was a sign..FREE!
O am going to do it up for July 4th!
Hi Kathleen - I am Pammy (Pammy's Attic) and I thank you for such kind words about my jewelry! I am curious...you mentioned a friend who makes necklaces from old rosaries. Would her name be Linda? (of Sacred Stones)Thanks for your lovely post about this event - maybe I'll see you in October!
Post a Comment