Thursday, April 15, 2010

Memories of Paris

I've been reading about other blogger friends trips to Paris and it has flooded me with the most wonderful memories of my own trip to Paris.

La Maison was the first French dining experience I had after arriving in Paris in October of 2007.

The photo below was taken on the inside of La Maison. I love all the red and gold and black.

There's nothing better than seeing Paris with girlfriends...not that I wouldn't love to see Paris with Mr. Honey.
The photo below is the view from Hotel du Danube where we stayed for the first three days, later moving to a chateau which belonged to my friend's friend. It was within walking distance of everything.


We went to the most moving organ concert at Notre Dam and afterward we were invited to tea at the apartment of my friend Sybil's designer friend. If you look at the corner of the building below, at the balcony on the second floor, that is where we had tea. If you look again at the photo of Nortre Dam you will see a small part of the apartment building, to the left.


The photo above is a view looking up at Le Sacre' Coeur.

Green Peace was having a demonstration at the Arc De Triumph. There were police surrounding the Arc waiting to arrest the protesters. The crowd below was cheering and there was a sense of excitement in the air.

This lovely atrium was on the bottom floor of the guest house my friend and I stayed in. This chateau belonged to my friend's friend who graciously hosted us for the week.

This is the kitchen in the main house where we ate breakfast every morning. The chefs kitchen is right behind those French doors you see. This family is very well to do, with a butler, nanny, maid and driver to attend to their every need.

This was my guest bath where I soaked my blistered feet after walking all over Paris during the day.

This is the living room of the guest house where the maid served us tea in the afternoon. I thought I had died and gone to heaven!



The beautiful blond on the left was our hostess for the week. I am seated next to her and my friend is to the right of me, with her friend to the right of her. The woman on the far right treated us to dinner at a fabulous Lebanese restaurant in Paris. The food was amazing!
I traded in my heels that gave me blisters for some sneakers (they call them trainers in Paris).

We came across this famous residence while out strolling the streets.

My final photo is of my best friend from high school and myself on the Batobus on a dinner cruise where we saw the Eiffel Tower lit up like a Christmas tree after the sun went down. It was truly an evening to remember!

7 comments:

Janean said...

your photos go along with my red post! yipee!

thank you for sharing a little paris with us!!!!

Christina said...

I love the idea of having my own atrium what a inspiration. Do u have more pictures of it? What a great escape to Paris.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Kathleen...

Ohh my, it looks like you and your girlfriends had a fabulous time in Paris!!! I really enjoyed all of your photos and they certainly brought back so many memories for me as well...honey and I, honeymooned there in 2005! I have many of the same photos! Hehe! I loved visiting the cathedrals...Notre Dame and Sacre Coeur!!! Ohhh...I just can't imagine being able to stay in a French Chateau though...how fabulous is that!!! It definitely was a grand place! Thank you for sharing your trip and photos with us, my friend!!!

I also wanted to thank you for coming by and taking a peek at my "Springtime" tablescape...enjoyed our visit and your sweet note, my friend! Thank you!!!

Have a fabulous Friday!
Warmest wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

annecychic said...

Kathleen, your photo of Cafe aux Tours de Notre Dame brought back memories of my own trip to Paris. We had an apartment on Rue d'Arcole, just down the street . . . oh, what a wonderful trip. Thank you so much for the reminder. And, thanks for your comment on my blog!

Melissa Miller said...

~WOW!!!! Kathleen how fun does this look. Sigh....Dreamy! :)

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Kathleen~You have brought me such joy with this delightful tour. I've just had foot surgery. I would love to soak my tootsies in that glorious tub. I just adore your friends home...the decor and the ambiance it presents. Thank you for sharing your cherished memories of Paris.
I hope to see you soon, your company would be nice.
Sweet wishes,
Sara

Unknown said...

Oooooo how fun for me to come by and see YOUR Paris photos!!! It's all so fresh in my mind, and looking at your photos makes me feel like I am right there again :) Your photos are all beautiful! Wasn't Notre Dame incredible?!

Hugs ~

:) T

Related Posts with Thumbnails