Saturday, April 10, 2010

50th Sunday Favorites April 10,2010

Chari over at Happy to Design in hosting the 50th Sunday Favorites. Be sure and visit Chari to see all the other Sunday Favorites. I haven't been able to participate much lately but I always enjoy it when I do.

In 2008 I spent a month in London with a dear friend who graciously shared her fabulous city with me, so this is the post I decided to share with you today.

Pierce Brosnan was the focus of this post, because I posted this story back in March of '08 around St. Patty's Day and he's my favorite Irish man.

When I was in London last year my dear friend Sybil Kretzmer took me to see the London Eye. See photo above. We took a ride on the London Eye to get a great view of the city. The wax statue of Pierce Brosnan was in the entry of the building where we went to purchase our tickets. I wish I had another full view picture of Pierce because he was packing a machine gun wearing his beautiful tux. This is a very handsome statue of him, but I will say, I think my skin looks better than his, don't you? L.O.L.

In this next photo you will notice Pierce in the flesh, no wax statue here. My daughter Brook was hired to go down the Colorodo River as a personal shiatzu massage therapist to ten Hollywood big wigs, which included Pierce Brosnan. In the picture below, Pierce graciously poses with my daughter Brook, the blonde, sunburned and smiling, cutie, and the rest of the crew.
Brook celebrated her birthday that summer on the Grand Canyon and who better to serenade her a "Happy Birthday to You" than Pierce Brosnan and producer Mark Burnett. That was definitely a trip she will never forget.


According to my daughter, Pierce Brosnan is a complete gentleman, who easily conversed with the crew members, that were there to make everyone have a memorable time. Yes, he will always be my favorite 007.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i think he might be my favorite too!

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Wow--That is so cool! I love Pierce, too. Who wouldn't?

Thank you so much for always visiting and encouraging me with the class. So happy to be done and happy to be blog visiting again. I sure have missed my daily talks with my bloggy friends! Hope you have a fabulous weekend, Kathleen!

~Misti

Farmgirl Paints said...

Oh I have to agree. He's my favorite 007 too. Lucky daughter;)

Lori E said...

Ha, ha. I saw the picture of him before I read the words and thought hmmm Pierce is looking a little oily. Yes you do have better looking skin.
Don't you love it when someones job takes them right out of everyday life and into something fun like that. I wonder how many accountants get to river raft with a movie star?

Gayla said...

Mine, too.. He is very sweet I hear... I'm glad to hear that is true when he's on his own, as well. Didn't you just laugh at how sweet he was when he was doing his best to sing in Mama Mia??? It wasn't too bad, actually... for an actor!

Linda said...

That's some gig your daughter landed! Glad it was so much fun for her!

I've always been a big Pearce fan too! Such a handsome man!

Brosnan`s Fans said...

hello I love Pierce
see fan blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails