Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Tablescape Thursday April 2, '09



It's Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch. Susan is our gracious hostess, so, if you have never visited Susan you can click here to join in on the fun.

I love hydrangeas, and I love this butterfly pot, that once belonged to my mother. This arrangement helps to Springify my living room.

My daughter received this beautiful china as a wedding gift. It is Pastorale by Royal Worcester. It is very lovely and definitely a Spring delight. It is on loan to me, temporarily, so that I can share it with you. I tried two different centerpieces. The one you see in the picutures above and below are silk hydrangeas. You may recognize the napkin from my St. Patty's Day post. They were purchased along with a tablecloth which matches, also on the St. Patty's Day post.

Then I decided to see what it would look like with my bunny cookie jar. I think the bunny cookie jar will be a favorite of my grandsons for obvious reasons and yes I will have to fill it with cookies!

What do you think? Do you have a preference?

You can see that these dishes are from England.
P.S. Some of you know that I applied for a job with Pottery Barn. I made it through the interview portion and I will be taking a test next Wednesday to see if I will be hired.

38 comments:

Domestic Designer said...

I love the dishes. Your daughter was nice to let you borrow them. I really like both centerpieces. If you are going to fill the bunny with cookies then I would choose the bunny! Like your grandson....I love cookies! Great job! Thanks for sharing. :-)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love both centerpieces, and the dishes are just gorgeous. How nice of your daughter to loan them to you. Beautiful tablescape. Hugs, Marty

Grandma Honey said...

You are such an inspiration to me Kathy. Often after reading your blog I start thinking of dishes and place settings and wondering how I can dress everything up. This set today is absolutely gorgeous! Love the blues and the bunny rabbit in the middle. This so well says, "I LOVE SPRING!"

ellen b. said...

Hi Kathy!
What fun. I love hydrangeas and this is a sweet scape.

SouthernGal said...

That china is gorgeous. Love the hydrangeas too. Did I say I love the china? Beautiful!

Christi @ A Southern Life
http://asouthernlife.com

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

How fun for your daughter to loan you those beautiful dishes! Hydrangeas are one of my favorite flowers - so that is probably my favorite centerpiece. Linda

susan said...

I love the hydrangea, but mine will not bloom blue (no matter what I try). Maybe the answer is silk! :) Love the china.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh how beautiufl! I love your daughter's dishes! lol I have thought about sneaking over to my sister's and roping her into doing a tablescape with hers! I love the hydrangeas...one of my favorite flowers! Beautiful!...Debbie

Kathleen said...

What pretty dishes! And blue hydrangea are my faves!
Your table looks lovely..pretty napkin too!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Those dishes are so pretty! Do you HAVE to give them back? LOL

Dream Mom said...

Oh, how pretty! I love the hydrangeas however if I were your grandson, the cookie jar would win hands down!

Katy said...

Such a great job with the color coordinating! Lovely work, good luck with the pottery barn job! Thanks for sharing! ~Katy

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Yea! Yea! I'm so happy you got through the interview (which I KNEW you would!) and can't wait for you to pass the test and start work at that fun place!!! Great, Kathy! :-)

And what a pretty tablescape! I love both centerpieces, but I think for Easter, the bunny is cute. The hydrangeas could be used for spring or summer! Pretty dishes and linens!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Martha said...

The dishes are really pretty -- how sweet of your daughter to let you borrow them. I must say that I like the hydrangeas better.

Jon and Steph said...

How beautiful! I am sad to say that I don't have any beautiful dishes like that. We didn't register when we got married because we were afraid we would have no room for everything in our home here in Germany! Boy were we wrong and BOY do I regret that decision! Maybe one day we will buy some nice dishes!

Okay and Hydrangeas are one of my favorites!

Anonymous said...

Love these dishes! The table looks amazing. Good luck with Pottery Barn, that would be so much fun!
Robin
All Things Heart and Home

Kathleen Ellis said...

Hi Kathy!
I love your pretty springy tablescape! Hydrangeas are my favorite,too! The dishes are beautiful...I've never seen them before. I really like the floral cloth on your table...did you make it?
Happy April!
;-D

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

What a darling tablescape..the bunny stole my heart. How sweet of your daughter to lend the beautiful dishes to you.. Thanks so much for swinging by...good luck on your next interview..
hugs ~lynne~

Joyce said...

Hydrangeas and your daughters dishes look so pretty. Thanks for visiting my first tablescape.
Joyce

Miss Gracie's House said...

Pretty! I like the bunny cookie jar-I love using *different* things for centerpieces....
Rene'

a quiet life said...

very fresh and springy~ wishing you good luck with pottery barn.

Unknown said...

Your daughters china is beautiful! I love your big bunny. Everything looks wonderful.

Good luck with the job. You must have very strong will power, my whole paycheck would be given back every week to buy things I see in the store!!!!

Diana LaMarre said...

.netI like the bunny just because it's close to Easter. The dishes are very pretty.

Good luck on the job!

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Oohh, very pretty. It's so springy!

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Love the china , so pretty and I like the cloth also.

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Your daughter's dishes are fabulous. I like both the centerpieces. But I love hydrangeas & bunnies. But if I were a kid, I would definitely pick the bunny cookie jar. Good luck on getting the Pottery Barn job. I would be afraid to work there as I would probably spend my entire paycheck there & not pay my bills.

Anonymous said...

iT'S ALL LOVELY AND DEFINITELY SPRINGY,BUT ODDLY ENOUGH,You want to know what my fav is?Those lovely,delicate napkins.They are awesome...Ann

Chandy said...

It is simply a beautiful table! Those dishes and all the touches gave your table a great look...

Lovely. Have a great Thursday!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hello Kathy...

What a beautiful Spring table!!! I love your daughter's china...it is exqusite...so glad that she let you share it with us!

Well my friend...sending you my very best wishes for the job at Pottery Barn! I'm a tellin' ya...if I worked there, I would never bring home a paycheck! hehe! So good luck!!! Hehe!!!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

Melissa Miller said...

Your daughters china is amazing. I love it!

You set a breathtaking table Kathy. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! I love your daughter's pretty dishes and love both looks. I guess I'm a bit partial to the hydrangeas! Love the pop of color the blue glasses give, too!
Oh, this was fun.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Lynda said...

Gorgeous china! You did a beautiful job on your tablescape!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Kathy I love both of the centerpieces...Girl those dishes are to die for beautiful..maybe your daughter will forget you borrowed them NOT!! job well done...thanks for sharing hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Designs on 47th Street said...

Very pretty dishes! YES! It says "SPRING"! Like others have said, you can't go wrong with either centerpiece. The hydrangeas will be great throughout the summer, after we stop thinking so much about cute bunnies.

You know what I love? The deep blue glasses. It just adds an extra pop to the table.

Great job, Kathy. OH! I'm excited about your next step you've passed at Pottery Barn.

Bo said...

A big high five to you Kathy for going to the next step at PB...you would be an asset to them!
This tablescape is so beautiful...
thank your daughter for the loan!
;-) Bo

Cass @ That Old House said...

Gorgeous! When your daughter wants her dishes back, I'd say (if I were you)..."What dishes? You didn't leave any dishes with me...."

I like both centerpieces, but hydrangeas are my faves ... so I vote for the flowers!
Cass

Mary said...

Such pretty dishes! I think I like the hydrangea centerpiece better, but the bunny is also wonderful. Love the blue glasses. :)

DesignTies said...

I love hydrangeas too, especially blue ones :-) But you know, I think I prefer the bunny centerpiece. It's different and unexpected -- and of course, perfect for Easter :-)

Very pretty table setting. It looks very much like spring :-)

Kelly @ DesignTies

Related Posts with Thumbnails