Monday, April 20, 2009

First Day Working at the Pottery Barn Care Center

As alot of you know, I started my new job at the Pottery Barn Care Center today. The woman pointing her finger at me was our trainer. Let's just say I didn't get off to the best start. I thought I was there in plenty of time, only to find out that I was suppose to be at work at 8a.m. and I thought I was suppose to be there at 9a.m. I got teased and probably will never live it down, but management was very good natured about it. The whole atmosphere was very low key and relaxed. Thank God! What can I say? I was born a blonde and, though, I now get my blonde out of a bottle, once a blonde always a blonde. L.O.L. I hope I don't offend any blondes out there in the blogging world. I'm really only making fun of myself. Self deprecating humor has always been my strong suit.
Since the house Mr. Honey and I bought as a rental is still not finished, I'm off to put my painting clothes on to finish painting the powder room. I find myself wanting to decorate the house for the renters out of the Pottery Barn catalog, but I must control myself. He, he!

27 comments:

Domestic Designer said...

That sounds like something I would do. I guess on the positive side they now know who you are! :-) Hope all continues to go well.

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Kathy,
We bottle blondes must stick together!!! It sounds like a perfectly reasonable mistake to me...lol;)!!! I'm so happy that everything else went fairly well...sounds like it will be a great job for you!!!

You sure have alot on your plate with the new job and rent house...don't forget to take care of yourself and throw in a little fun every now and then!!!

My thoughts and prayers are with you!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Kara Ward said...

I could never work there....I would owe them millions! LOL...it would be dangerous for me to work in a candy store too! wink, wink

DesignTies said...

Definitely a memorable way to start your new job ;-)

Thanks for dropping by DesignTies and leaving me such a great comment about my dining room! I have more work to do in the space... I should be putting on my painting clothes like you and getting to work! But I'm feeling lazy on this Monday evening so I'm sitting by the living room fire and getting toasty warm :-)

Victoria @ DesignTies

Southern Charm said...

I too am a former "real blonde" now on the bottle. ha ha.
I would have been so stressed out finding out I was so late!! YIKES!! I am glad they treated you so well.

Have a great day,

Jennifer

Grandma Honey said...

Well like my daughter in law Erin says, "Being a ditz is a distinct Rozier trait." I see it in myself and I see it in some of my sons. The torch being passed from one Rozier generation to another. But we're likable, right?

Nancy Wyatt said...

Congrats on your first day! Thanks for sharing! hugs from Conroe, TX!

Anne Marie said...

so glad your first day went well...and no, you won't live that one down.....

blessings!

Nancy Wyatt said...

Kathy, I know you are busy with the new job and painting but I tagged you. If you get a chance to play along great, if not no worries. hugs from Conroe, TX!

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Well if you're gonna go back to work, let it be Pottery Barn! Good for you Kathy. PB is hard to resist...better be good lady!

P.S.- See if you can come up with some great descriptions of your childhood room, I only have 2 pitiful pictures, but it will be fun reminiscing. (sp?)

~Misti

Jocelyn said...

Congrats on your first day! On my first day in Los Gatos I crashed my car into my carport pole. Duh. So I was late too. Hope you get comfortable there quickly! I have a hard time imagining you a in little grey cubicle all day though! But you will make your little space home! :)

Unknown said...

That sounds like a wonderful place to work. Congrats on your new job!

~CC Catherine said...

Hi Kathy! Congrats on your first day! You need a chuckle after all that...come on over to see my Tea Party hosted with my Pet Princess Mignon Abbie, my 10 lb sheltie. She's waiting for Debbie, of Confessions of a Plate Addict! ;) Have a great night! ~CC Catherine from "Catherine de th`e Cups"

Kammy said...

Sounds like you ended up with a good first day ! So glad that everyone was laid back about it !
I wish you many more good days at
work !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Dawn said...

Hey there Kathy! This is my first visit to your blog, and I love it! I will definately be back!

Good luck on your new job, sounds like a fun environment!

Thanks for stopping by for a visit to check out my giveaway. I'll be picking the winner tonight, so good luck!

Hugs from Eventually Cottage!

Crystal said...

Hi Kathy,
Congrats, on your PB job. I am glad that all in all you had a great first day. Yes, it will be a memorable one, but that's what life is about, right ;) I would not have a paycheck left, if I worked there.

Thanks for sharing!
thehummingbirdcottage.blogspot.com

Kim said...

Hey Girl! I left you a little somethin' on my blog!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

You are going to have fun there! Congrats!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Anonymous said...

I would try and do the same thing too...decorate for the people who will be living there. I love the Pottery Barn colors. I have always used Benjamin Moore paint and that is where these colors are from. Happy painting.

Kris

Donna said...

Kathy, you are one busy lady! How fun it's going to be for you (I hope!) to work at Pottery Barn!!! Isn't that funny about my daughter, Amanda, resembling your daughter's friend! They say everybody has a twin somehwere!!! So glad you were able to rent out the home you purchased!...
Donna @ An Enchanted Cottage

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

First days are always the worst. Glad they have an understanding attitude. Maybe next week will be better. Hugs, Marty

cathy said...

its great that you employers are so understanding! it looks like you have some cool co-workers and a fun environment, i hope you have a wonderful time working there :)

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Kathy,
Thank you so much for becoming a follower of my blog!
I do appreciate it.
It's great to meet new friends in blogland.
You're always welcome to visit me anytime.

It sounds like you are very busy right now. Congrats on the new job!
I hope you really enjoy it.

Your rental house sounds like very hard work but it will be very nice to have.
Show us pictures when you can. I enjoy seeing houses.

Have a wonderful and stress free week my friend.
~Melissa :)

Michelle said...

Oh my need to catch up with you Kathy! Love your header. Good luck with your new job. You know...even though I'm a brunette I'm a true blonde on the inside, LOL!!

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Kathy,
I'm glad allis well with you. I am sure it is hard adjusting to a different schedule. It was great to here from you yesterday. Let me know how thing are going...sincerely!!!

Have a wonderful week!!!
XOXO
Cathy

joyh82 said...

Good luck at your new job. I hope you really like there.

cherry said...

Rofl...too cute...I am sure all will go better tomorrow. Looks like a good place to work. thanks for coming by and leaving such a wonderful comment..made me smile. cherry

Related Posts with Thumbnails