Thursday, April 2, 2009

Lunch Out For Foodie Friday

It's Foodie Friday over at Designs by Gollum so click here if you want to get in on the action!

This week for Foodie Friday I went out for lunch at our local Raquet Club. Spring has sprung in my town and the results are evident in this profuse exhibition of lovely yellow roses. This was the backdrop for my lunch with my lady friends. Can you think of a better backdrop for girl talk? We all ordered the same thing for lunch, taco salads with dressing on the side. The only exception was that two of us had Bob Lynns (a lovely drink named after the tennis pro of the club) to drink, and two of us had diet cokes. My friends declined on having their photos taken. Boo!hoo!
We do lunch once a week with hardly an exception. I look forward to this lunch every week, but since my husband got laid off, I need my girl time even more. There is something soooo therapeutic about women sharing their lives. We could really talk for hours, but this particular week I had to get to a job interview at 2:00. I was so glad to sit in the beautiful sunshine and get myself relaxed before the interview. Of course women know how to cheer each other on and I really appreciate that. I made it through my interview and will take a computer test next Wednesday to see if I get the job. I hope my gals will be able to go to lunch next week too, because I hate tests and I'm really going to need their support on that day. I'll get my hair done that morning, and you know how when you have a good hair day everything seems to go better.
This taco salad was absolutely a perfect Foodie Friday treat!!

22 comments:

Rattlebridge Farm said...

This delicious salad looks like it would fit into my diet. Yep. Good luck--I'llkeep my fingers crossed for you!

susan said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe those are roses that big! Good luck with the job and the test! Keep your girlfriends close!

Anonymous said...

Hope you get the job! Good luck,
~Iris

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your visit to my blog and entering my giveaway. Several other bloggers I know also do the Foodie Friday.

I do hope you'll stop by anytime we loooooove new visitors!

Kris

P.S. What type of job interview did you have today?

santamaker said...

This is one of my favorite meals. Good luck with your tests!

ellen b. said...

Looks great! Hope you get that job!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful taco salad. I wish you the best about your potential job!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia;)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Kathy, that is one delicious salad! :-)

Please keep us posted about your test next week. I'm feeling good for you about this job!!!

Happy Foodie Friday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Domestic Designer said...

The salad looks wonderful! You are lucky to have such good friends to share good times with so often. Good luck on the job. I know you will do well! :-)

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Kathy,
Your salad looks yummy!!! I love going to lunch with the girls. It is always so much fun. Once I went to lunch with friends that turned into dinner...we got home the next morning at 2:00a.m. We just could not stop talking and having fun!!!
I was so glad to hear that you made it through the first phase of the interview process!!! I wish you the best of luck with your test!!!Let me know what happens.
XOXO
Cathy

Foley said...

Kathy, your salads look delicious!! Sorry to hear about your DH being laid off...best of luck on your computer test!!

Chandy said...

This sounds wonderful! We had taco night last night and the kids loved it so I know they'll love this!

Melissa said...

I've been craving taco salad for a week. That looks WONDERFUL!

Grandma Honey said...

Wow, what scenery!! There is nothing like girlfriend time. And like you say, when we are going through a challenge, we need them even more. Please keep us updated on the interview and search.

Jon and Steph said...

Oh my gosh, It's 9:00 am and I could totally go for some taco salad! YUM!

Tiedupmemories said...

Yum! That salad looks delicious! Glad to hear you had a good time! We do need our girl time!

Tammy518 said...

Oh, yummy! That is one gorgeous salad. Good luck on your test!

bj said...

Good good luck on the job hunt!
The salad looks devine. I know how you love being with THE GIRLS..me. too. We do ours once a month and have such a good time. I posted about it today so pls. come over when you have time.
Good friends are such blessings....

Anonymous said...

Yummy,this really looks good...Ann

Kathleen said...

Good luck with the job teat..Have a great weekend!

Yolanda said...

Sounds like an absolutely fantastic lunch with your friends. The food looked good too! Sending positive thoughts your way.

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

You can't go wrong with a taco salad - I love them. Hope you get the job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails