Thursday, April 16, 2009

Foodie Fridays - April Celebrations

It's Foodie Friday again at Designs by Gollum. Be sure and click here if you would like to participate. Be sure and drop by and see what everyone is cooking up!

My normal Wednesday or sometimes Thursday includes lunch with my girlfriends. Today was a special lunch, because we girls had a lot to celebrate. Usually we go out to lunch, but because this week was so special, one of my girlfriends decided to host the lunch in her beautiful home. When we entered my friend DeeAnn's home we were greeted by a pair of adorable bunnies left there from Easter.



The entryway was dressed with flowers in honor of our celebratory luncheon.

Even the kitchen counter had a bouquet of fresh sunflowers to greet us.

It was our friend Jan's birthday April 17th, and what would a birthday celebration be without cake? Of course we couldn't celebrate without cookies either. Oh girls, I'm just getting started.

Our friend Nancy whose eldest son just had his first baby on April 9th brought cupcakes to celebrate the occassion. The cupcakes were from a darling bakery called Give Me Some Sugar!

I don't know why I forgot to take a picture of the salad, because it was delicious! DeeAnn found the most wonderful peanut dressing at Trader Joe's.

I don't know how DeeAnn prepared this bread but it was heavenly! If I had been alone I think I could have finished off the entire basket by myself.

This was the salsa and chips that we started off with. Yummy! The watermelon below was as delicious as it was pretty. I just love the boat shapped bowl that it was served in.

This is a photo of our dear hostess DeeAnn.


Look how pretty she set the table. The flatware is from Pottery Barn. My girlfriends are all so excited that I start working for PB this coming Monday.

I brought little gifts too. The little note pads had each ladies initials on the front and there were notes and a pen as well. They were by Laura Ashley and I picked them up at Michael's Craft Store out of their dollar bins, shh, don't tell.
My photos don't do DeeAnn's garden justice, but trust me it was so totally lovely to share the afternoon with good friends in this beautiful space!

Here's a photo of Jan, our birthday girl. The fabric on this chair looks like it was made to go with Jan's beautiful top.




24 comments:

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Kathy,
I am sooooo jealous...you have all the fun!!! The lunch looks yummy and your friends are adorable!!!

How lucky you are to have someone prepare such a lovely lunch for all of you...I know you had a blast!!! Next time I want an invitation!!!;)

Have a wonderful Foody Friday!!!
XOXO
Cathy

P.S. Good luck Monday!!!

Joyce said...

Sounds like you all had fun and the silverware is adorable. The bread looks wonderful. The little breads look delicious. Working at PB would mean I would never bring home a paycheck:)

Unknown said...

What a lovely little lunch!
My kids are always trying to talk me into working for PB! Laffin... I guess they don't know the definition of RETIRED!? What a fun lunch! Let us know when PB is having a good sale will ya?
~Really Rainey~

Jon and Steph said...

You and your friends always have such fun get togethers! Looks like a great time! and all of the food looked fabulous.

That's so exciting that you start work on Monday at Pottery Barn! I have to say I'm a little jealous, I absolutely LOVE PB! You are going to love it!

Hope you have a great weekend Kathy!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Kathy what a fun day you had and look at all those YUMMY looking foods...how special this day was for you...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Southern Charm said...

Looks like lots of fun. Did I spy a Publix Carrot Cake in that picture?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the table setting and the food looks wonderful~
Happy Friday~
Robin
All Things Heart and Home

Martha said...

What a fun party and what a beautiful setting. Lovely, lovely lunch. And the bread looks so good that Icould probably eat the whole basket, too!

Crystal said...

I am sooo jealous, too! What wonderful friends you have. Looks like you all had a spectacular time!

Thanks for sharing!
thehummingbirdcottag.blogspot.com

Domestic Designer said...

Looks like great fun and great food! Good comb.:-) You are one lucky gal!

Candy said...

Thank Ms. DeeAnn for sharing her home. She is a wonderful hostess and thought of everything.
Cheers to the birthday girl.
Candy

honeysuckle said...

There is nothing as fun as going to a friend's house for lunch with your friends. It sounded devine!

imjacobsmom said...

You gals had a pretty sweet afternoon! Congrats! on your PB employment. I'd be afraid to work there - I'd owe more than I would make....Robyn

Miss Gracie's House said...

What a perfectly lovely time...with friends!
Rene'

Chandy said...

Delicious food, great company, wonderful celebration. Great reasons to get together!

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

What a beautiful surrounding to dine al Fresco. Friends, food, fun, are the perfect ingredients for a wonderful afternoon.

Come by sometime,I'd enjoy the company.
Sweet wishes,
Sara

Kathleen said...

The food looks wonderful..that bread is very interesting!
Glad you had a fun day!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh everything looks so yummy!

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

What a nice luncheon and fun with friends. Love the polka dot & stripe flatwear. ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Thibeault's Table said...

What a lovely lunch. I'd like a slice of that bread.

Grandma Honey said...

I loved taking a tour of the food. Beautiful home she has too. Her pool looks almost identical to a relative (on Bill's side) who also lives in Bakersfield so at first I was thinking your friend would turn out to be them!

Louisette passion retriever, cat, memory Katanga said...

Lovely blog, greeting rom Belgium

Anonymous said...

I'd say, If it has a pool it's beautiful!

Maryrose said...

Kathy,
Looks like a great time and the food, very yummy. Aren't we lucky when we are surrounded by our friends.
Enjoy the new job at PB, can't think of a more fun place to work.
Maryrose

Related Posts with Thumbnails