Saturday, April 18, 2009

Tired and Hungry

It's Saturday and I've been working in a frenzied like manner. A while back I posted about a house my husband and I bought as an investment, right before he lost his job. We have rented it (hallelujah) to a young man who will be the youth pastor at the local Presbyterian church. He will be getting married in August, but he will move into our little house on May 1. It's getting down to the wire and we still have so much left to do. Anyway, I have been painting until my arms and hands are literally tingling with numbness. In fact, my whole body is aching. What I need is a hot bath, but I'm hungry and Mr. Honey has made a trip to Chipolte to get us some dinner. Thank God for that man, as he takes very good care of me! It's almost 8 o'clock in the evening. I don't even have any new pictures to show you how the house is coming along. I certainly wouldn't want you to see what I look like when I'm painting, and hot, and dirty, and tired! The house is really coming along quite nicely though, it's really shaping up! Tomorrow Mr. Honey will try and put beadboard up in the bathroom and then I will do more painting. Stay tuned, because when it is all finished and is nice and clean, I will post another photo or two.

13 comments:

Jon and Steph said...

Oh goodness, I know how tiring that has to be! I CAN'T wait to see pictures of the finished product! I bet it's going to look great!

I hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

Kara Ward said...

I have a thing for red doors....they are magicial to me. When I saw you blog title...I had to take a peek. Your blog is lovely. So glad I randomly stumbled upon it. Kara

Domestic Designer said...

Can't wait to see the results! I know you must be so tired.

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Kathy,
I left a little something for you on my blog...stop by and check it out when you get a chance!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Kathy,
I totally understand...I considered that when I picked you...but I still wanted to acknowledge your graciousness and caring!!!

I hope everything goes wonderfully tomorrow...my prayers are with you!!!

Good luck and have a wonderful day!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Ann @ Cooking the Books said...

Kathy,
You are one busy lady! Good luck on finishing the house -- can't wait to see how it turns out. And congrats on starting your new job today!

Anne Marie said...

I like a hard-workin' NDF Chick!!

Jocelyn said...

how great that you got it rented out! I think today is your first day at PB, and I'm sure you'll be tired from that too! Glad you got the house finished before going to work! :) looking forward to hearing your PB stories!

~CC Catherine said...

Hey Miss Kathy, I know exactly what your body feels like, have been there...bless your heart! Praying for new energy for you to get through these next finishing days/weeks till the last deed is done! ;) Hey, drop by my place...I have a few much deserving honors for you! And don't stress if you don't have time...I just want you to know I'm a big fan of your blog! ;) ~CC Catherien

Grandma Honey said...

Nothing like a great husband to rescue you. I still crack up at the Mr. Honey name! Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm anxious to see your finished results. I just love to see something in need of repair receive some TLC. Sounds like you have got yourself a good renter as well.

Kris

Marci said...

What an adorable blog! I'll visit again, for sure!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Can't wait to see, Kathy!

XO,

Sheila

Related Posts with Thumbnails