
It's time for another Tablescape Thursday and Susan at Between Naps on the Porch is our gracious hostess. Be sure and visit Susan and check out the list of the other bloggers that participate and join in the fun yourself. Susan will explain how.
My niece lives in Germany with her husband and her three darling children. Her husband is in the military and like all military men he is very often deployed to other places and not home for many months at a time, so my niece, being the darling that she is, decided to get some of the other military wives, whose husbands are also away months at a time, together for a "lonely wives luncheon". You get the drift. Anyway, when I heard she was going to have this luncheon, I decided to send her some dishes that I had used for luncheons with my girlfriends and thought it would be a good time to pass them on, to be enjoyed by my niece and her friends. The flowers you see above were used for her centerpiece. Aren't they fabulous? I love all the colors.
The plates came in boxes of fours and each plate was a different color and had different scenes and phrases on them. The plate above says, I'm worth it. Others phrases said things like- All in a days work, etc., very appropriate for women whose husbands are serving our country. These women have made sacrafices too.
Look how beautifully my niece set the table. If you click on the photo you will see her spring Easter eggs hanging from her chandelier. At each place setting there was a little frame with a Bible verse for encouragement for each guest.
My niece lives in Germany with her husband and her three darling children. Her husband is in the military and like all military men he is very often deployed to other places and not home for many months at a time, so my niece, being the darling that she is, decided to get some of the other military wives, whose husbands are also away months at a time, together for a "lonely wives luncheon". You get the drift. Anyway, when I heard she was going to have this luncheon, I decided to send her some dishes that I had used for luncheons with my girlfriends and thought it would be a good time to pass them on, to be enjoyed by my niece and her friends. The flowers you see above were used for her centerpiece. Aren't they fabulous? I love all the colors.
The plates came in boxes of fours and each plate was a different color and had different scenes and phrases on them. The plate above says, I'm worth it. Others phrases said things like- All in a days work, etc., very appropriate for women whose husbands are serving our country. These women have made sacrafices too.
Look how beautifully my niece set the table. If you click on the photo you will see her spring Easter eggs hanging from her chandelier. At each place setting there was a little frame with a Bible verse for encouragement for each guest.***If you want to be included in my 100th post giveaway click here and leave a comment. Good Luck! I will announce the winner on my daughter's birthday April 14th.


33 comments:
What a precious gift to your neice. I so appreciate her sacrifice and all the other wives, and so wonderful of her to invite them all for a special Easter dinner. The tablescape is just lovely. I pray for a happy and blessed Easter for all of them. Hugs, Marty
Hi Kathy! Oh, what a nice thing to do for your neice! I'm sure she appreciated the dishes. They are adorable. She has set a beautiful table and what a nice thing for her to do! Please tell her we loved her pretty table.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Kathy, thank you so much for stopping by my Easter tablescape and leaving such sweet comments. I really appreciate it. Hugs, Marty
What a pretty table, and sweet thing to do for your neice..
Happy Easter!
The hanging eggs were such a nice touch! VERY lovely! :)
What a lovely thought and a beautiful table. Loved those plates!
How special of you to give these to your neice and you are so right the wives also service our country..now I love what she did here very specail and lovely..Thanks so much Kathy for sharing this...and I only have one more post and I'm at 100...still don't know what I had to talk about for 100 posts..I added you to my list...I love your blog girl...May you have a Great Easter...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria
Kathy, beautiful blog and beautiful post. Hey my daughter turns 18 on April 10th. Happy birthday to your girl. Love the dishes and very sweet of you to give them to her. I know she is very appreciative! Have a great Easter.
Blessings,
Debbie
Very nice gift to your niece. She will enjoy the special gift with her girlfriends. Happy Easter!
Kathy,
How sweet of you to send your neice those adorable plates!!! Your post reminded me to say an extra prayer for our troops this Easter season...where would we be without our amazing military?!!!
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter!!! Your friendship means the world to me!!!
God bless you!!!
XOXO
Cathy
What a wonderful gift to your neice...the plates are adorable and her table looked fit for the special women that were served...
Oh I love the plates! I am sure your niece was really touched with your gift! I hope they had a wonderful time. Have a wonderful day!
What a heartfelt tribute to your neice and the others whose husbands are America's finest. I salute you and toast them for their courage,strengths, and daily sacrifices. She did a beautiful job and I just bet everyone at the table will remember it forever.
Happy Twirls
What fun looking dishes!! And what a generous thing to do for your niece. Kathy, you have really opened up my eyes to place settings and decorations. The fun part of life.
* Y-O-U are a DREAM AUNTIE, my new friend! I don't even think you'll ever REEEALLY be able to realize how VERY MUCH this meant to your dear niece~~~ it's impossible to put into words, but having been an Army wife for 38 years (Yes, that's not a typo~ we moved 27 times, too!), I've "been there"... living in Germany as a young bride, husband deployed ALOT, no family, limited funds, etc... it's not only lonely at times, but it can be scarey, too! Thank goodness for girlfriends!... And wonderful, thoughtful and considerate AUNTS!!! Yer the "Woman of the Day" in MY book! Blessings, Linda in AZ
What a pretty table! It was so nice of you to pass on those special dishes. It must be so difficult for those wives and families, and I hope she knows that we honor and appreciate their sacrifice. Wishing you a very happy and blessed Easter. :)
This is such a lovely post! I love how you are celebrating your niece.
My husband leaves next week for a year in Iraq (gulp). Even though he's not in the military (he's a diplomat) it's comforting to know there are other women out there who share my situation.
wow lovely post and fantastic plates!
Happy Tablescape Thursday!
What great plates for a girlfriends lunch! How sweet of you to pass them on. I know she really appreciated the dishes!
What a really lovely table and I love the sweet simplicity of your table.
Have A Great Table Scape Thursday
from Roberta Anne
Great! I love the plates, they are just fun! Now that table of yours, I'd kill for! :O) Deb
What a great gift to your niece. I'm sure her friends had great fun. It looks wonderful!
What a great table for your niece! I love the dishes you used, they are so fun!
Happy Thursday!
What a lovely gift for you to pass on to your niece and a lovely, thoughtful event for her to host! Having a daughter who has been one of those "lonely military wives" I especially appreciate the sacrifices they make for our country!
Happy Easter!
;-D
Kathy! How sweet of you to think to send those plates. They really were perfect for the occassion. I love how your niece set her table. What a wonderful event to host! Happy Easter to you and yours...
how sweet of you to loan her your plates and how very sweet of her to do this for the ladies.yes,they do give up so very much for US...Ann
Now those are adorable! So whimsical and fun, my favorite two things!
Thanks for visiting today. Alanis still lives in my van for when I need her most. Not when the kids are in there though. Not fit for the kiddos.
~Misti
How lovely of you to send these adorable plates to your niece. You are right -- the wives and families of those servicemen also serve!
I'm glad that these wives can gather together and support one another in what must be very trying circumstances. (And have such a lovely setting, too!)
Wonderful, heartfelt post...thanks!
Cass
Kathy,
Let my try to post again! I am playing catch up, and I am glad I did not miss this fun tablescape. These plates are wonderful, and your niece is lucky to have such a sweet aunt!...~Cathy~
Beautiful! Have a glorious Easter weekend!
Now you are one sweet auntie! Love the plates you passed on.
That was soooo nice of you to do that for your sweet neice! I love the darling plates...bet the party was a big hit. Please thank your neice and her DH for his and her service! Lovely TT!
Post a Comment