Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Twelth and Thirteenth Day But Who's Counting?

I missed posting yesterday, because after a 12 hour day at work I was just too stinkin' tired to make any sense. I much prefer being a kept wife. Working is highly overrated!

I managed a victory yesterday when I avoided eating a chocolate cupcake, because that's what I really felt like eating. I was starving when I got home from work. Mr. Honey is still out of town, so there was no one to have a yummy dinner waiting for me.

I came home and ate a salad, but it just wasn't satisfying, so I got in my car looking for something more to eat! My car was headed in the direction of Barnes & Noble in search of a chocolate cupcake! Can you imagine? My car was becoming an enabler. Almost magically my car turned around and ended up at Chipolte, so I ordered a burrito bowl with chicken, black beans, rice and guacomole. It was probably still too much food, but I got through the day without any sugar.

On to Saturday the 13th day of this process. Today is Saturday. I actually got to sleep in until seven. I got up, worked out and took a shower. I met a friend for coffee and had the first latte I've had in a very long time. We walked to the coffee place, so I got some more exercise to boot.
After we visited and were finished with our coffee we walked to a local Chinese restaurant for lunch and then walked home. I have no idea how many calories were in that lunch and, I must say, I really don't care.

The day has been a much needed break from my routine. I spent the afternoon with my sweet daughter at the bookstore, drinking tea, reading magazines, and chatting away the afternoon. I promised to tell the truth through this process, so I admit I ate an apple tart with my tea.

When we finished at the bookstore, we headed to the craft store. I decided I have enough unfinished projects at home, so I didn't buy more supplies.

When we returned home, my favorite son in-law barbecued hamburgers with organic beef and we had oven baked sweet potato fries. A big thank you to my favorite son in-law!

2 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

All in all, I think you did really well. And it IS Saturday!!. Just look back and think how much you could have given in to all the temptations. That is what it is for me. We were going to go to a big bookstore today and I knew I couldn't be around the scones...lol!!

A day well done, Kathleen!! And you got lots of walking exercise!!

xoxo
Janie

Linda said...

Don't beat yourself up over the apple tart! I truly think that
when we're dieting, it's ok to reward ourself and give in to a little treat every now and then. Life's too short to not indulge once in awhile!

I've been following your no sugar plan this week and actually, I've got myself on a new eating plan and am doing pretty darn good. I'm just plain tired of not looking and feeling my best. Menopause really kicked my butt! I'm determined and your determination has helped boost mine, so thank you friend!

Keep up the good work! You're doing fantastic!

Related Posts with Thumbnails