Saturday, November 28, 2009

Christmas Sparkle

I no longer put up the traditional Christmas tree. I have left that for my daughter,who lives right next door. I found these little alphabet ornaments at Pottery Barn. I just love them. I bought a letter representing each family member. They have the sweetest little bells that hang at the top and are glittered all around the edges.


I have little mirrored garlands and sparkly snowflakes and icicles to add to the sparkle . I think I should have spray painted the pot in silver and black, but I kind of like a little red and green.




This year I am all about easy. Tomorrow I will do my mantle and hang the stockings.
I'm sad that this weekend is coming to a close and my youngest daughter will head back to San Francisco where she lives.
Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays.

Traditionally we always spent Thanksgiving with my mother. With mother's passing there is definitely an empty spot that could never be really filled, but I like to imagine her reunited with my sister and the rest of her family whooping it up in heaven!

I plan on being back on track with my diet on Monday, so look forward to seeing less of me, l.o.l., in the months to come!

5 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Kathy,
Less of you here on your blog, or less of you due to weight loss??
:-D
Let's make a plan to have a Christmas dinner together sometime in December. Come January I'm going to need your interior design advice in my house!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Kathy, I love your tree! Those are darling ornaments and a very clever idea!

I'll be cheering you as you tackle the diet next week.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

So cute...Those little ornaments would be a good craft project!!! Happy decorating, xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

GwendolynKay said...

What a sweet idea for your tree.... the initials. Have a blessed day!
Gwen

Melissa Miller said...

I LOVE those letters! ~WOW! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails