Monday, November 16, 2009

The Fifteenth Day

Yes, today is the fifteenth day of my choice for a more healthy way of living.

I know, I know...I skipped Sunday, my fourteenth day. Mr. Honey was home and the day started with waffles. That's Sunday at our house. For lunch Mr. Honey took me to the Elephant Bar. I did choose the from the lite menu...fish, brown rice, and veggies.

We rented a couple of movies, which I highly recommend, The Soloist (with Robert Downey Jr.) and Valentino- The Last Emperor. I loved both of them. I did have my first piece of dark chocolate in a couple of weeks...and I ate a couple of molasses cookies...and some popcorn. We had soup for dinner. Well, that was yesterday and today is a new day.

I'm back to my usual oatmeal, walnuts and cranberries for breakfast and I was taken out to lunch again today. This time we went to a local sandwich shop where I ate a southwestern chicken sandwich with mustard. It was yummy, and ice tea.

I took an extra day off work today, and I didn't feel like spending it cleaning, so I went shopping a found a really cute brown vest, that I had looked at last week, but this week it was 70% off. Now that's a deal that I couldn't pass up. I also bought a really cute black and cream sweater on sale. Now, I have already spent the money I worked overtime to earn, but it was worth it.

I did have a chocolate covered graham cracker and a non-fat latte (no sweetner) for an afternoon snack. Still, I don't think it will kill me since I worked out for an hour this morning.

Tonight I am having salmon and asparagus for dinner.

It's been a good day and as Martha would say, "that's a good thing".

3 comments:

Anne Marie said...

keep up the good attitude......you are doing great!

The Stylish House said...

Kathy,
I’m back on the program today. I’ve got to get back in the routine of exercising. It helps regulate my weight and control my appetite. I’m short so having even 5 extra pounds shows up quickly.
Cathy

Melissa Miller said...

You are doing great Kathleen!
Dark chocoalte is actually okay for you in moderation. so many healthy benefits with it.

I'm down 25 pounds as of yesterday. Wooohooo! I still can't believe it's working so well for me.

I'm eating a spinach salad topped with tuna salad, crunchy baby carrots and pumpkin seeds for dinner. Monterrey jack cheese sliced on the side. Yummy! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails