I recorded Grey's Anatomy last night, so that I could exercise instead of sitting in front of the T.V. I wish you could see me, because I am patting myself on the back.
This morning I ate my usual cheerios and banana.
It really is important to plan ahead to have what you need in the fridge to be successful at avoiding sugar. However, I ran out of Lean Cuisine meals and had forgotten to get more, so I took some lite rasberry vinigerette and stopped at the deli, before work, and bought a pre-made salad for lunch. It was a delightful change actually. I had my pear for my break and a little beef jerky for my afternoon snack. I was totally satisfied.
Doesn't my salad look yummy? It was very tasty.
Mr. Honey leaves tonight on another Jeep trip, so I had dinner with a dear friend, who I hadn't seen in a long time.
My friend Susan and I play Scrabble on Facebook almost everyday, but we rarely get to see each other. My friend has battled cancer for the last several years and she seems to be on the other side of it. She is motivated to eat healthy and lose weight too, so we both had salmon and skipped the mashed potatoes in exchange for extra veggies.
You won't believe this, but we sent the bread tray back to the kitchen with the waiter. I've never done that before. If I keep patting myself on the back like this I'm going to have to go to bed with a heating pad tonight! L.O.L.
Good food, lots of laughter and a good friend is what a person needs to stay on track.


7 comments:
Kathy, I am so proud of you. I know the discipline it takes to eat well. Once I get to the point that I am feeling better, I don't miss the things (that much) that I don't eat, and I'm really proud of you about the bread tray! Yea! I could sit and eat a whole tray of good hot bread, but no more.
Keep up the good work! :-)
XO,
Sheila
I've done low carb diets in the past, which were very successful at taking off weight. One little tip - - - be careful about using the "lite" salad dressings, they actually have more sugar than the regular ones, which of course have more fat.
Kathleen you are doing very well!
The salad looks so yummy. Check back with me in a few days for my updated healthy lifestyle post. I think you will like it. We can encourage each other.
Many Blessings, ~Melissa :)
Good for you all the way round! It sounds like you are doing GREAT!
I'm a hugh salad eater and that one looks yummy. Alot of times I'll buy a pre-packaged salad from Von's and take it to work for lunch. They're very tasty.
I haven't had the ability to push away the bread tray yet. I'll work on that along with you!
We live in the same town...we should meet for dinner sometime!
Wow, Mom. I'm so impressed. I read all your posts. You're an inspiration. I'm making these big pots of stew every week and it's helping me eat healthy in the day when I'm busy and tempted to just snack on carbs and sweets instead of have a real meal. I need to put a call out for stew recipes. Now I gotta up the ante on exercise. I never felt so good as when I kicked the sugar habit for 2 years. After a while, I didn't even want it. In Chinese medicine, the biggest factor in losing pounds is reducing "damp" foods in the diet. Soooo, if you eat well and exercise, but still feel like it's not creating the weight loss you want, ask me about damp foods (almost don't want to say it, but bananas are pretty high up there in the damp category). Really, this is a sweet time to be doing this, because it's the time of year for all the Earth element foods that help comfort us (squash, sweet potatoes, root vegetables, hearty soups...). You're a rock star. Thanks for the inspiration. Love you, mom!
Beautiful salad! That and the photos on the previous post (MR. Uncles's birthday) are making me VERY hungry!!
Post a Comment