Monday, November 9, 2009

The Eighth Day of My Experiment

Oh my, it's been a long day. I ate my usual oatmeal with walnuts and cranberries for breakfast. Are you getting tired of hearing about what I ate, because I am.

It's funny, because, I used to think about what I would eat next all the time and since I started this challenge for myself, I don't want to think about what to eat next. I always ate fairly healthy before, just with a lot of extra unhealthy things on the side.

Gone are the french fries...and the chocolate chip cookies...and the coffee ice cream. It's not that I will never ever eat those things again. It's just that, now, every time I think about eating those things, I also think, is this the best choice, will this get me where I want to go?

Anywhoo, for lunch I ate another boring Lean Cuisine, another pear at break time, and a few almonds hidden in my desk at work.

When I got home from work I cooked salmon, because it's my favorite, and a spinach salad because I love salad. However, not long after dinner I was hungry again, but instead of eating cookies (there aren't any in the house, thank God), I ate a bowl of cheerios.

I still have to work out tonight, because I was too tired to get up this morning and do it, plus that way I can sleep in tomorrow.

I hope you are all having a great beginning to an even greater week! Carry on!

4 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

You are doing marvelous, Kathleen. I am listening and I am not bored. I am glad to hear you say (and put the words in my head) "where will this get me", or "will this get me where I want". I think that thought is mighty powerful. I am having good and bad moments. I lost 7 lbs last week and then I started to get a bit lazy, trying bits of this and that instead of staying clear of the 'dangerous food'. But tomorrow is another day.

Good luck, as always! :-)

xoxo
Jane

Linda said...

Congrats! It sounds like you are making such progress and completely in control!

I too have been on a journey to eat better as well as lose some weight. Menopause has thrown me for a loop. I never had to really watch my weight but now it's a daily thing. I have to choose carefully what I eat because my whole metabolism has changed. I have to make much better choices now.

I'm on vacation and have been walking at least 4 miles every day, if not more. I just need to keep up this momentum when I get home!

Keep up the good work! You're doing awesome and are an inspiration to others.

Grandma Honey said...

There must be something besides Lean Cuisine you can have for lunch. I just feel sorry for you having those everyday. If I ate one of those I would still be hungry for a meal after. Maybe you could make some of that couscous up....you got me started on that...and just throw all kinds of beans and veggies and nuts, and even chicken in it.

And I am not bored at all by your posts! :)

Melissa Miller said...

I have no idea why other than it's p;acked full of carbs but oatmeal for breakfast kick starts my appetite into high gear all day long. It's probably just me. I know it's heart healthy but days I don't eat it I feel much more in control. Sigh...It's so hard. A few cookies sound good right about now.

Excercise changes my appetite for
the better. I can't eat if I'm walking and by the time I'm home I don't want to anyway.

I can't eat LC meals. Too much sodium for my high B/P. I usually have tuna salad, spinach and some nuts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails