
It's Mr. Honey's 59Th birthday today. He'll be leaving tomorrow on another Jeep trip to Johnson Valley, where ever that is. Don't ask! I will be staying home, going to work and cooking for myself, boo hoo, but I'm not bitter. Happy Birthday Mr. Honey! I hope you have a great trip!
I had Cheerios and a banana again for breakfast today. Same ole, same ole! I had a pear on my first break, Lean Cuisine and a pear for lunch and a 100 calorie granola bar for my afternoon snack. I won another candy bar, but chose the granola bar in place of the candy bar. Aren't you proud of me?
I had Cheerios and a banana again for breakfast today. Same ole, same ole! I had a pear on my first break, Lean Cuisine and a pear for lunch and a 100 calorie granola bar for my afternoon snack. I won another candy bar, but chose the granola bar in place of the candy bar. Aren't you proud of me?
Tonight I will be having barbecued chicken, complements of Mr. Honey, salad and sweet potatoes. The kids will join us. We bought a chocolate ganache cake from Trader Joe's for Mr. Honey's birthday cake. It's just enough for everyone to have a small piece. I'm not sure if I will indulge or not.
It's been four days without any sugar and I'm feeling good. I want to keep feeling good. The workouts are getting easier too.
My goals aren't the same as they were in my twenties. I no longer feel the need to look like Farrah Faucet did in the seventies (not that I ever did), I just want to have good blood pressure, no excess cholesterol and joints that don't hurt. That's reasonable, right?

Okay, it's the end of the evening and I had a tiny piece of cake and skipped the ice cream. Thank God tomorrow is a new day!



7 comments:
Keep up the good work. Getting over the sugar is the biggest hurdle.
I have been doing the same (almost). A banana and some almonds for breakfast. A Slimfast shake around 11:00. A salad or Lean Cuisine about 2:00. An apple or more almonds around 5:00 and dinner with the family at 7:00 with just small portions. I have sugar free hot cocoa before bed. I have lost 5 lbs. this week (it is probably all water. I am happy but I have so far to go...
I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted!! :-)
xoxo
Jane
Kathy,
I bought Cheerio’s and bananas today, and will be starting my diet tomorrow. I need to lose my extra blogging pounds before the holidays. I definitely have to walk and workout, because diet alone doesn’t cut it for me.
Cathy
Keep doing what your doing! It's a tough road, changing habits, but you will feel so proud of what you are doing for yourself!
Happy Birthday to Mr. Honey! Today is my birthday too; at this age we just celebrate getting to the next one!
That's exactly right, Katie Scarlet, it is! LOL!
Happy Birthday to your hubby. I was traveling all day yesterday and am just now reading this. I hope I'm not too late for the birthday greetings.
Don't feel bad, faced with the sight of that cake, I would have eaten two of those slices, Kathy. I cannot resist chocolate... though I am off sugar and carbs of late.
XO,
Sheila :-)
No sugar here either.
No carbs.
SO Atkins!
bleksch.
you GO GIRL!!!
~Happy Birthday to your hubby!
My hubby's is on the 18th.
I feel FANTASTIC these days Kathleen. NO sugar since 9/09/09.
I'm planning a detailed post of what I'm doing very soon. I'm pretty sure you read my high B/P post a few weeks back.
Many Blessings, ~Melissa :)
Post a Comment