Sunday, November 8, 2009

Seventh Day of My Experiement

Me & Mom

I'm feeling bored with this experiment, however, whenever possible I try to finish what I start.

Today was a laid back sort of Sunday. I slept in, went to the grocery store, did laundry, cleaned the house and watched recorded episodes of House.

I had my usual cheerios and banana, I had a salad & a pear for lunch, popcorn for a snack and a lean cuisine for dinner. I was still hungry after dinner, so I had a few wheat thins and about six grapes. I managed to stay away from any sweets. Oops, that's not true, I had one very small Vegan cupcake that my daughter baked.

I never had a weight problem growing up. My own mother never had a weight problem her entire life. My mother was in the beauty business. She worked for Elizabeth Ardens in Beverly Hills for years. The culture I grew up in was one obsessed with looks. Nevertheless, when I was young I seemed to be able to eat whatever I wanted. Those days are over.
I have to keep reminding myself that my goal is to feel good and stay healthy.

4 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I can so identify with you, Kathy. When I was young, I had such a high metabolism that I had to eat to maintain my weight. My thyroid is at the bottom of mine. And a little thing called open mouth, insert the wrong kind of food. LOL! Chocolate, it is one of the deadly sins when you eat it in mass quanity like the Coneheads. ;-)

Keep up the good work. It might be boring, but it's worth it!

XO,

Sheila :-)

wcwk (When Celebrities Were Kids) said...

nice post...dude..

wcwk Team
http://wcwk.blogspot.com/

Jasper said...

I'm curious if you got enough protein in for the day (30-45 grams) a serving of cheerios w/ 1cup of milk has 11 grams, and the lean cuisine might have 20, just estimating.
Do you like nuts? I know they seem high in calories and fat, but its a good fat and a little goes a long way in satisfaction.

Keep up the good work! You are amazing!!

The Stylish House said...

Kathy,
Saturday night after painting all day I stopped at Culver’s and had a hot fudge Sunday. However, I’m back on the wagon today. I have to exercise to lose weight along with eating right. Blogging has not been kind to my waist line of late, and I need to move more. Now I have to go fix dinner so the vicious cycle continues.
Cathy

Related Posts with Thumbnails