I didn't have the best day really. I didn't eat anything I shouldn't have, I was just kind of an emotional mess (more about that later). I started with oatmeal, cranberries and walnuts and one cup of coffee. That usually holds me until about 10:30. I had tea and a pear at my morning break and the same sort of Lean Cuisine meal that I ate yesterday at 12:30.
I was late coming back from work after lunch, and thus, broke my record of perfect attendance by one stinking minute. It doesn't take much to make me cry these days and that's all it took. You have to understand, there is a bonus at the end of the year if you don't have one tardy or absence. I show up to work at least twenty minutes early everyday and I've never had a tardy. I am so mad at myself for letting this happen.
Most of the time when I'm mad at myself I just eat a chocolate bar and manage to anesthetize the pain, but there is something about writing down everything you eat that makes me lose my appetite. I know... can you believe it? I've lost my appetite. I can hardly believe it myself.
On my second break I ate another pear and took a walk outside to keep from crying like a baby!
I did eat a few cashews that I keep in my drawer at work when I came back in. I had my usual three to four cups of unsweetened decaf ginger peach tea.
Mr. Honey is cooking dinner and I think he is fixing our usual fish and veggies. So far, I have managed to stay out of the left over Halloween candy.
I think I will take a hot bath and call it a day.
I promise to come clean if I lose complete control, but so far, I'm doing OK.
It's only day two, but I'm feeling very optimistic about how this is going, despite my near melt down at work. Anyway, I'm finding that a few tears can be very cleansing. I was told by one of my daughters that tears release toxins from our bodies, so I'm just going to consider this day as a detox day!
Below is what Mr. Honey fixed me for dinner. Bless his little heart!

Salmon, brown rice and veggies, yum!


3 comments:
That salmon looks gloriously wonderful. I wish Mr. Honey would teach us how make that. I've never done salmon well at home.
And I like the tears and cleansing theory. I guess they have to come from somewhere.
I'm so sorry you had that tardy on your record, Kathy. They ought to let people do something to make up for it. Sometimes things just happen. I pray you will still get your bonus.
That meal looks super good.
XO,
Sheila
I like Sheila's idea...maybe they will let you do something to get rid of that tardy?? Especially since your record is so pristine clean.
Post a Comment