Saturday, November 7, 2009

Day Six of my Experiment and Some Out of Town Fun

This morning started out with me getting up at 7a.m. and working out for an hour. Then into the shower I went to get ready for my day. I ate some cheerios and drank some coffee, so I wouldn't be tempted to eat sweet rolls at Starbucks on the way out of town.

Today was a girls day out. A couple of friends from work and I decided to head to Valencia for the day to see what's new at Pottery Barn for the holidays. We got to Valencia a little before noon and headed to Wonder Spa and Nails to get pedicures.

Wonder Spa has these wonderful chairs that massage your back while you soak your feet, and the Vietnamese manicurists pamper us with a foot massage and exfoliate our feet. It's simply divine.

The manicurists speak their language to each other and we are left wondering what they might be talking about. Of course we don't really care what they are saying because we are too busy giggling like school girls as our bodies shake from the back message machine hidden inside the spa chairs.



Do we look happy or what?
Then it was off to lunch at Wood Ranch for some barbecued chicken salad. I'm sorry to say we were having so much fun I forgot to take photos of the delicious food, however, I did get the waitress to snap a picture of us before we left to go shopping.


We told Margaret to have a glass of wine at lunch but she said "no thanks" and then proceeded to guzzle the champagne on display at PB. L.O.L. We're so silly.

Lori found a leftover bird from things left over from Halloween and tried to scare me with it, but it didn't work, I don't scare that easily.


I was coveting the lovely Thanksgiving napkins and plates that you see below. PB does such a great job with their table scapes and merchandising
The twelve days of Christmas plates were displayed along with these beautiful hurricane lamps on the table below.

Even the way the candles are displayed is fun to see. The candles shaped like pumpkins are on sale right now and were very tempting.


It's hard to see what Margaret has in her hand, but it is an iron sculpture of a reindeer.

Mercury glass has come back into fashion in a big way this year and I just loved the way the mercury ornaments were displayed on this trellis.

The store is getting ready for the Christmas season and there were signs of Christmas coming all over the store.


I love the carved Santa below sitting amongst the jewelery boxes and pretty shiny ornaments.

There were little potted Christmas trees all over the store. Lori couldn't keep her hands off of them. She was like a kid in a candy store.


This Christmas tree sparkled with shiny ornaments. I love the twelve day of Christmas ornaments and all the special photo ornaments.

There we stand in front of the store with our goodies in hand, ready to go eat again. We did stop at a little sandwich shop for a bite to eat.

Even the store window was beautifully displayed and festive.

I made it through my sixth day experiment without any sugar and with a lot of laughs and fun.
It was a very satisfying day, indeed! Thanks for the memories, Lori and Margaret.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathleen! Oh, what fun you gals must have had! You all look so cute and it's great to see you having such a great time! Don't you just love pedicures? I'm way overdue for one! Nice to see your sweet face.
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh this looks like you all had so much fun. Isn't it just wonderful to get together and have a fun day with girl friends. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Marty

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Now, THAT is a fun time! Wish I could have been with you, Kathy. I think I will go check out PB on line!

XO,

Sheila :-)

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Hi Kathy!

Oh YES! What a wonderful day. There is just nothing better than girlfriends. And, I LOVE Pottery Barn. Toooo many yummy things there, that's for sure. I could get into really big trouble.

Hugs!
Spencer

♥Frann♥ said...

Awwww... 1 kú :-)

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

You know I always love a stroll through Pottery Barn! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, that funky iron reindeer. He was cool, I petted him a few weeks ago at the store.

Hope you are having a grand fall season!

~Misti

Melissa Miller said...

Wonderful! I'm cheering for you all the way! You look beautiful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails