

In February I threw a Chinese New Year party for a few close friends and participated in many a Table scape Thursdays at Between Naps on the Porch, hosted by Susan.
In March, Mr. Honey and I celebrated our 36Th wedding anniversary at home with an Irish stew prepared by my lovely daughter.
Along with celebrating my anniversary in March I also celebrated the birthday of a long time childhood friend.
My daughter and her boyfriend were born on the same day, different year, so there was a trip to San Francisco to celebrate with them.


Yes, in March there were many things to celebrate and some trying moments as well. In March Mr. Honey lost his job of the last fifteen years and we wondered what the future held.
In April we celebrated my eldest daughter's birthday and my 100Th post on the same day. I had my first giveaway and my daughter helped me to pick a winner. Judy Bug at A Southern Belle Dishes on Decor took the prize. The dishes below were just part of her prize. I also started working for Pottery Barn in April.

In May there was Mother's Day...a sad day for me. I was missing my mother. She passed away two years ago in May and her birthday was also right around Mother's Day.
On a happier note, in May I had some new friends at Pottery Barn and we took a field trip to our nearest PB, just one hour and fifteen minutes away from home.
By June it was time to celebrate my daughter Brook's birthday, there was a trip to San Clemente on the California coast and hours of ping pong in the backyard.


What would July be without a parade? The neighborhood our children grew up in was famous for their 4th of July parade. This year the torch was passed to a new family to host the festivities... so this was a sad farewell to our annual July 4Th of July parade tradition.
In July we also had a trip to the beach with our grandsons and managed a visit to a fairy garden.
Camping and being at the beach is our favorite summertime activity. We eat s'mores until we are practically sick and sit by the campfire and enjoy each other's company. 

In August I celebrated both my birthday and my 40Th high school reunion. My dear friend from high school flew in from London and we went to our reunion together.

In September there was yet another celebration...Mr. Honey's mother turned 80 and we had a huge family reunion at our home honoring my mother in-law.
In October I got silly for Halloween, ate too much candy and passed out candy to anyone and everyone!



In November we gave thanks...our youngest daughter surprised us and came home for Thanksgiving. We ate like kings and queens thanks to my eldest daughter's love for cooking. That gene must have skipped a generation, cuz I sure didn't get it. L.O.L.
December came and went like a whistling wind! We had family from out of town surprise us for the holidays, we were all healthy and thankful and together! It doesn't get much better than that!


8 comments:
Sounds like a very memorable year, and I enjoyed sharing it with you. Happy 2010!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Your year sounds like it was filled with wonderful family and friends as well as a loss of job. This happened to so many, and yet you made the best of it. Your attitude and love for your family really always shows through whatever is going on. What a Blessing. Hugs, Marty
It was fun reading back through some highlights of your year. Aren't you glad you did this blog so now you have all that for history? Time flies so quickly that if I don't write it down, it's like it never happened.
Happy New Year, Kathy!
Thanks for stopping by today. I know I must sound like a whiner..no snow...but it's January! :) You know what I mean!
About the pool, we put it in in 2004. We rarely take vacations, so we justified this extravagance that way. It is so nice to have in our hot summers, where it gets over 100. I never thought I'd have a pool, but it has definitely paid off!
What an amazing year you had Kathleen. I really enjoyed reading this and all of the precious photos. You look awesome!
Many blessings to you for 2010!
~Warmly, Melissa :)
I really enjoyed your recap of 2009. You and I started blogging close together and I know have many other similarities!
That picture of you and those teeth make me laugh every time!
Happy New Year, Kathy!
Donna
You have had quite a year! May there be many more blog posts to come.
That is a fun relection. Has your hubby found a new job yet? My hubby is still working for half pay, but it is soon to pick up he thinks. Just grateful we have something. I've applied for some jobs, but in prayer keep hearing the LORD say He wants me to remain home for my family...He will provide. These are hard times...though my I have peace and hope. I just don't want to lose our home. Within two weeks after re-financing so that we wouldn't go into foreclosure, hubby lost his job as a superintendant but was kept as a carpenter for much much less paycheck.
Post a Comment