Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

It's hard to believe that it is going to be 2010 in a matter of hours! Happy New Year to all my blogging friends and to all the people who have shaped my life thus far with their love and encouragement.

I've never been one to make a big deal over New Year's Eve. I've always felt like it was safer to remain off the roads, when all the bars close down, on one of the biggest drinking nights of the year. Call me boring, if you must! I felt this way even when I was young. It's not that I'm opposed to a little bubbly, I just always been the more cautious sort. I'll have my champagne at home, thank you very much. I've had dreams of being more daring, but I'm just not.

I do remember one very memorable New Year's Eve, when I was newly married and in my twenties. My husband and I were living with my brother in-law and his wife temporarily. We had gone to bed about 11:30, (not even Dick Clark could hold my attention until midnight), when my brother in-law started beating on his drums in the room next to the one we were sleeping in. That's about as much excitement as this girl could take! L.O.L. It was memorable, you just had to be there.

As many of you know, in December I started on a healthy living kick and was being very conscientious about my diet and exercise routines. Well, I did okay for about three and half weeks and then I fell off the wagon, so to speak. That's okay, because, it's a new year starting tomorrow and I will be back at it.

I will be starting a new position on Monday for Pottery Barn. I will start training to be one of those people you call and complain to. You know, customer service. The way I figure, I'd better get in good shape to be able to handle any extra job stress. I'm excited to challenge myself to learn more and take on more responsibility. Being compensated pay wise will be a nice benefit!

I had a lot of company over Christmas and while they were all here, my sister in-law, introduced me to a new exercise DVD. It was a salsa aerobic workout. Mostly I sat on the sofa and watched, but I plan on ordering it, because of how much fun it was.



My sister in-law is the one in red leading us all and hamming it up for the camera.
The one in blue is my middle daughter who had to give us all shiatsu massage therapy after our workout.



The one nearest the Christmas stocking is my niece and she rocked it out!



You go girls! I'm totally inspired.





My biggest goal this year is to move more and eat less and to have more fun!

11 comments:

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Happy New Year!!!

I hope 2010 is filled with joy and laughter!!!

Enjoy!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Melissa Miller said...

Fun!!!! I LOVE to Salsa dance. This looks right up my alley.

I hope it all works for you in 2010with your healthy resolutions Kathleen. It was tough to stick with it during the Holidays but I did manage it.

35 pounds down and 8 more to go! ~Woohoo! I feel like my old self again.

Happy New Year! ~Melissa :)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Sounds like a plan, Kathy! I'm so proud of you about your new job with PB! Super! :-)

Hope that 2010 has more blessings than your heart can hold!

Happy New Year!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Kathy! Love seeing the moves! Looks like fun!
I wish you many blessings in this new year!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Decor To Adore said...

They make me want to exercise! :)

Happy New Year! Happy New Decade!

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Hi Kathy!!! Wow, looks like everyone enjoyed the salsa dvd!!!!
Thanks for stopping by with such sweet comments...Hoping your new job goes well,
I promise to be sweet if I ever have to call Pottery Barn and complain....
I've never done that in my life so far but it's nice to know where I can get a hold of you!!!!
Happy New Year! and keep up the good work!, xoxo~Kathy
@ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Diane Gauthier said...

what a crack up!

JudyBug said...

I'm LOL about you WATCHING the video! You're my kinda Girl!

Stick with your healthier plan. I'm headed to that myself.

Thanks for your visit to my blog. I promise myself I will start back regular. Good luck with your new job!!

Rattlebridge Farm said...

I need to salsa but I just make it and eat it! Not the way to get in shape. :-) I will be thinking of you as you start your new job.

Unknown said...

So tell me the name of the exercize video when you find out!!

Grandma Honey said...

Hey, I'd love your new job position. You are going to hear some interesting stuff. This also reminds me that whenever I call and complain to a company I better be careful what I'm saying...it may be someone I know!

Related Posts with Thumbnails