Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Timeless Fashion

My daughter is modeling the dress that her grandmother wore when her grandmother became an American citizen. It is a very special dress. My mother married an American soldier in the late forties and moved to America when the war ended. She then became an American citizen in the fifties. This wonderful dress is still as beautiful today as it was in the sixties. If my mother were alive today I know she would love seeing her granddaughter fitting so beautifully into her dress.

When my daughter's friend had an opportunity to take pictures of the lovely, red, vintage airplane that you see in the background he asked my daughter to model for him. She was delighted to do it and thought it was the perfect opportunity to wear her grandmother's fabulous ice blue dress.

The funny thing is my daughter is 6ft. tall and my mother was only 5' 4". My mother had a fabulous figure. My daughter does too, only much, much, taller than her grandmother.


There was a time when I could have worn this dress myself and before I die I would love to fit into it again. Good motivation for me to stay on my diet, don't ya think?

13 comments:

Diane Gauthier said...

to wear your mother's dress is a worthy goal and I know you will achieve it!

Diane Gauthier said...

STUNNING BROOKIE!!!!

Seawashed said...

Your daughter is gorgeous!!! Wow, she is tall...that is amazing the dress still fits her with the ht. difference. I love stories like this. I have special things of my Grandmothers too...a black flapper dress being one...I've worn it for Halloween and now my daughters can wear it.

The Stylish House said...

Kathy,
Both your daughter and the dress are beautiful. Stay the course and you will be wearing this dress too! I enjoyed this post, and I bet your mom would have loved it.
Cathy

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Kathy, your daughter is a doll, and I think she takes after her mother. You will fit in that dress again. You can do it! :-)

XO,

Sheila :-)

Grandma Honey said...

What a model she is! Especially that last picture...she should send that in to an agency. She is darling!

Melissa Miller said...

Kathleen your daughter is gorgeous! Amazing photos and such a lovely drress. How special for her to wear it. What a timeless and classic style.

Many Blessings, ~Melissa :)

Precious Gems said...

Your daughter looks beautiful and the dress is gorgeous :)

Robyn said...

WOW, she looks stunning and what a wonderful heirloom to have. THEN to have photos to commerate it is even better! Your daughter is LOVELY!

Amanda said...

I'm so jealous. ;)

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

WOW! What knock out pictures! You should be so proud!

~Misti

Creations By Cindy said...

She is stunning and so is the dress. How wonderful that the dress was your moms! Oh I know you will treasure these pictures. TFS
Be Blessed, Cindy

Ticking and Toile said...

Your daughter is beautiful! and I love that dress....esp. w/ the vintage plane. Wow ~ what treasured photos those must be!

Shellagh

Related Posts with Thumbnails