I can't believe how long it took me to put all the Christmas decorations away this year. The mantle is finally clear of stockings and garlands and all things Christmassy. (Did I spell that right?)... I don't think Christmassy is a real word.
I am really looking forward to February. I will finally be finished with my customer service training and Mr Honey and I will fly to the Florida Keys on Valentine's Day. I have a little story about the chair you see below to share with you.
I was so inspired by Tracey's latest post on Notes from a Cottage Industry. She refurbished a vintage chair that looks just like the one you see above, except mine is a child's sized chair given to my eldest daughter when she was only one years old. One of my mother's clients who collected antiques gave it to my mother who was becoming a grandmother for the first time.
My mother told me that her client had an entire set of adult dining chairs to match this little child's chair. She must have thought an awful lot of my mother, for her to part with such a sweet piece. Her client has a entire set adult dining chairs to match. They also had needle-pointed seats. If you've never been to visit Tracey before, you simply must. Her blog is filled with inspiration!


6 comments:
Kathleen the chair is so pretty!
Have a wonderful trip in February for Valentines Day!
Thank you for your sweet words about my new healthy life! It means the world to me to have support from my blogger friends.
Have a blessed weekend. ~Melissa :)
Your mantel looks so pretty, Kathleen! I love your clock and always wanted one. And the needlepoint chair is just lovely!
xoxo
Jane
What a precious chair and such a thoughtful and loving gift. It is a true treasure. Have fun on your trip. Hugs, Marty
Kathy, you have always had such a flair for beauty. Just the way you decorate your mantle is so elegant. The chair is precious.
Of course there's such a word as Christmassy. It's in the official word book right in between mareseatoats and Valentinesey! Bet you're glad your training is almost over. Huraaay for you.
Hi Kathy, I looked at Tracy's blog to see the chair. She said she completed the chair that night, but what did she do to it? Did she cover the seat with the fabric? Did she refinish the wood? both?
Love you
moi
Post a Comment