Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Photos of Family Deck the Hallway

I know I don't take the most fabulous photos, but I love displaying them anyway. My hallway is a constant reminder to me of the good times and the really important people in my life. I have taken all black frames to showcase my favorite photos.The black frames are a nice backdrop for the buttery yellow walls and having them all black adds continuity to my collection.

The four photos in the frame directly above, in the left hand corner of the photo I posted, were given to me as a gift from my mother. My husband and I had taken silly photos when we were in our twenties at one of those crazy photo booths, then again in our fifties. My mother had them blown up and framed to remind us of where our love story began. My mother was famous for her thoughtful gifts.


How do you display your favorite photos?

4 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

I like how you have the photos all framed in black. Gives it all a nice clean look. I remember the silhouette picture...that must have hung in your home growing up! It jumped out at me like I was seeing my childhood.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Years ago, I found a bunch of silver frames at Marshall's, and every time I would find one at a good price, I would buy it. And I got them as gifts. So generally, that's how I display them. Though I have some in clever frames on my desk... some are bone, some neat wood, etc. I group them together, though.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Kathy~I love the dancing picture.
It's wonderful to have these moments
captured in time. As I get older I really appreciate the photos of my family. I enjoy seeing photo gallery and hearing the stories that go with each image. Thanks for sharing.
Hope you can stop by.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I really like your hall photo gallery, I have one too but I am in the process of changing the frames to be all one color! Neat Photos too!
Cindy

Related Posts with Thumbnails