
When I was growing up my mother would come home with what my sister and I considered junk. We couldn't figure out what our mother would do next. The chair above is a piece of furniture that my sister and I considered junk.
Of course, Mom didn't bring this chair home looking like it looks now. When she brought it home, there were three more to match, and they had no seats in them, and there was no finish on them.
We didn't have the vision Mom had, but she knew what she was doing. She knew value when she saw it. She only paid $10 a chair for each one. We had no idea she was going to have them all refinished, and that she would add beautiful black leather seats to finish them off.
I'm sure I rolled my eyes once or twice, but when all was said and done, she taught both my sister and I a valuable lesson.


5 comments:
Kathy your Mama has a great eye for antiques....I also just love them its really my passion to collect them....very important to not lets these pices get destroyed its really a piece of our history....and the workmanship was awesome years ago....great post my friend....Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria
Wow, Kathy! What a beautiful and unusual chair! Your mom certainly has taught you a wonderful lesson! Seeing the possibilities of something is a great gift! Happy Sunday!...Debbie
Your mom rocked! Her home was always an inspiration to me and something I aspired to!
I love that chair!
Post a Comment