Dagny's is Bakersfield's local coffee house that artists, writers, knitters, and coffee lovers hang out in.Yesterday, Amanda and I took the boys and met my friend for coffee. Before going to Dagny's we stopped at Beverly because my grandsons wanted to spend their allowance buying some new Webkins. The way Amanda & I figured, if the boys had their Webkins to keep them occupied we would have a little longer to drink our coffee and Amanda would have a little longer to knit.
It was a nice surprise to be sitting next to a local artist who was working on the beautiful mask you see above. She was so gracious. She let Franklin try the mask on for size. Of course he was delighted and we just had to get his picture in the mask with the creator standing nearby. That's a mighty big mask for such a little boy!


2 comments:
First of all, you spell "surprize" just like my mom. She was the only I knew who spelled it with a z !
I can relate to buying the boys their Webkins before you had your girl time, to keep them occupied. The tricks we learn along the way...
I always get that word confused. You are right, surprise is spelled with an s.
Post a Comment