Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Outings


I love the time right before Christmas when you have just about everything done and you can relax because you're not feeling stressed. It's the time when almost every gift is wrapped and under the tree and most of your baking is done and holiday parties are on the horizon.

It was a time like this that my daughter and I were able to get out of the house on a beautiful day and take the boys to Johnny Rockets for a burger and fries. I treasure those moments with my grandsons because I know they will grow up faster than I care to think and making memories with them is the best.

Children bring a sense of wonder and delight to the holidays. They restore your faith in dreams and they bring joy to the simplest of pleasures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love "Johnny Rockets"

~Iris
(P.S. ask Amanda who Iris is she should know)

Grandma Honey said...

Since you have the blog complete with pictures this will be such a good way to help your grandsons remember these special times with you in the future. How I wish I had pictures of myself with my grandma when I was little. Of course we never got to know Grandma Leonie but I was close to my Grandma Slinkard. I also so enjoy finding out more about your life and special people in it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails