This weekend my husband was going to be busy working on his jeep, with his buddies, in an effort to be ready for an off roading competition in February. It seemed to me the perfect opportunity to accept an invitation to the beach that my dear friend Lin and her husband Chuck extended to me.The last couple of years has been a special time of reconnections to the dearest friends from my youth. Lin and I go way back. There is something comforting to have friends that share a part of your history, who knew you when you loved the Beach Boys and the Beatles, and loved you when you wore flowers in your hair and were skinny enough to wear string bikinis to the beach and shared a friendship with your sister, who is no longer with you in this life.
Lin found me through Classmates.com at about the same time that I was wondering where she was and wishing I hadn't lost touch. Ah, the beloved internet. Now Lin and I share a passion for Scrabble on Facebook and aren't too likely going to lose touch again.
The weekend went much too fast. We managed to take a trip to Huntington Beach, where we played a game a Scrabble, while overlooking the ocean, before having Mexican food at Chuck and Lin's favorite local Mexican restaurant. After lunch Lin and I went to the movies to see Slum Dog Millionaire. Then it was time to head home.
It was a real treat to have time together. Thanks again, Lin and Chuck.


No comments:
Post a Comment