Sunday, November 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Mr. Honey!

Mr. Honey turned sixty and so it was a positive must to celebrate in a big way. For me a birthday party is all about the cake! Since Mr. Honey is a rock climbing maniac his passion had to be reflected in the cake. Since my niece is a genius when it comes to cakes I hired her and she did an awesome job. You can see by the smile on Mr. Honey's face that it was a hit.

The boulders on the cake were made of rice krispy treats. It was a lemon top layer with a yummy lemon curd and chocolate through and through on the bottom layer. It was as delicious as it was beautiful. The car was remote control so once the cake was dismantled Mr. Honey's grandsons had a blast maneuvering it down my hall way.

We got a bit carried away once we started decorating for the gathering. It was a beautiful fall day and we could not have planned a nicer November day. The wind blew in the leaves to give the party a very fall ambiance.


I found the fall wreaths at Wallmart for a very reasonable price and the pumpkins came from Trader Joe's .

There were some surprises too. My newest sister in-law flew in from Florida to be with us to celebrate. Mr. Honey's brother couldn't be with us because of business, so his beautiful bride came to represent him. We had no idea she was coming.






My beautiful cousin came with her husband and another cousin came all the way from Fresno. I don't know how I missed getting my cousin Jill's photo. I know someone must have taken one.

Sadly, Mr. Honey's long time friend, Randy Billings (seen on the far left), passed away suddenly and unexpectedly two days after the party. He will be missed! Our hearts go out to his family.

Mr. Honey's dad said a few words about his favorite son (shh, don't tell anyone...l.o.l.).


There were sweet moments of love permeating the garden.


Our two oldest grandson's learned to play Happy Birthday to You on the cello and violin. Their Papa was so surprised.

Our youngest daughter put together a video of memories and our middle daughter surprised her Dad by writing a very personal song as a birthday gift.

My long time friend who I went to grammar school with drove up from L.A. to help us celebrate.

Mr. Honey and I are so thankful for a lifetime of memories and all the wonderful friends who came to help us celebrate.

Richard's business partner was also singing in the band that played...thank you Eric!

Mr. Honey's mother got her groove on the dance floor with one of her grandsons. You've got to love that!
His brother sang and his friends played their instruments and we had great music!

The food was great too!

More dancing and love in the air.



Is that beer you're drinking or is this photo just blurry...ha!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great party! Happy birthday!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Cute cake and a fun party! It doesn't get any better than that.

Happy Belated Birthday to Mr. Honey who looks like he is a very blessed man to have so many friends and family in his life, and especially you as his wife!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Grandma Honey said...

That was the best party!! We really enjoyed ourselves and we are SO HAPPY we came. Everything was just done up so perfectly...the food, the decor, even the weather. Oh and that video was the best I had ever seen of a family event. So so well done. I was telling my Dad about it last night and he'd really like to see it if there is any way to get a copy someday. It was great seeing everyone and meeting your grandsons for the first time. The 2 oldest boys are the ones we talked to and they were so POLITE. Good little workers too. What a great advertisement for home schooling.
Already looking forward to coming back after the holidays!

Grandma Honey said...

Oh and I like your bd cake picture better than mine so I think I will make a switch on my blog!

Diane Gauthier said...

It was a fabulous party!!! So good to see everyone there!

Seza said...

My mom looks so cute. I was hoping you would have a picture of her. I can't wait till she's here.

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby what a fun party and the yard looks wonderful!
XO
Kristin

Privet and Holly said...

Does it get
ANY better than
this??? What a
darling setting
you had for the
party and LOVE
was most definitely
in the air! Mr.
Honey comes from
very good genes!
Loved his mama
dancing. Happy
birthday, Mr. Honey.
You have such a
special gift in your
sweet Kathleen : )
xx Suzanne

Christina said...

What a very special day that must have been for you and for Mr. Honey. It warms my heart to see you both so very happy. You come along way baby!
Christina

Marigene said...

Looks like a great birthday party! Fabulous cake. Happy Birthday to Richard!

Related Posts with Thumbnails