Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Happy Thanksgiving

The day started off with a frittata, but of course, I did not get a photo of it until it was half gone.

No sooner had I cut myself a piece of the Frittata and in walked my daughter from San Francisco in time to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. We didn't think she was going to make it home for Thanksgiving this year. It was a great surprise, especially for her nephews.

Mr. Honey was absorbed in his Harry Potter book and I shared a rare moment with my middle grandson in my lap. That never happens anymore.

What would I do without my eldest daughter who prepared our entire Thanksgiving dinner? She looked so cute in her new fall apron.

She had stuffed that bird with herbs and butter and it was juicy and tender and oh so delicious!
If that weren't enough she baked a homemade apple pie too.








4 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

I don't know why, but it makes me laugh seeing Richard sitting there reading Harry Potter on Thanksgiving. :)

What a sweet day you had. That picture of the nephews all cuddled around their Aunt is the best.

Brook said...

What a gorgeous table! And I love Amanda's apron. Sending the family my love from New England! Miss you, mama!

Blondie's Journal said...

It's so nice when family comes home for the holidays! I'm so glad you had both your daughters. And one that can cook! My youngest did the lattice top for my apple pie and told everyone she made it!!

Your table looks so festive and happy. I know you had the best day, Kathleen!

XO,
Jane

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

DEAREST KATHY! Yum.....it is so lovely to know that on this special day, in most homes across America, we have one thing in common; to reflect on those we love and to CHOW DOWN WELL!!! I just ate another lovely plate of leftovers today!

THANK YOU FOR COMING BY AND GETTING TO KNOW ME BETTER!

Have a lovely Sunday, Anita

Related Posts with Thumbnails