It's the only before photo that I have of this window treatment. I forgot to take a before photo so this one will have to do. Also, the chair my mil is sitting on has a flowered slipcover that has completely fallen apart since this party.

I decided to re-purpose some drapes that I had made for a friend and that she no longer wanted because the lower part of the drape was faded by the sun. The top part where all the detail is was perfectly fine...so, I cut off the damaged part and made valances out of the tops. I ordered a new slipcover for my chair. Two simple changes and I love the difference it made.


I love the way it turned out. This next photo is of the other side of the room where my grandsons eat snacks while watching television in this room.


8 comments:
Kathy, you did a masterful job at repurposing the curtains. They look so fresh and lovely on your window. And I love that you made a matching tablecloth.
Yvonne
it turned out beautiful! have a great weekend! susan
Kathy they came out great! Love the cheerful red. ~Beautiful!
Happy 80th to your mother-in-law.
Your home is so pretty. I admire your talent.
Happy Sunday!
Thank you so so much for visitng me! i love your curtians..how creative! xox
Kathy,
I’m impressed with how you worked a bit of magic to create that valance! It turned out fantastic and the price was sweet too. Your mil looks great for 80 and how nice she was surrounded by her family on such a special birthday.
Cathy
How smart you are!! I did that with some old curtains but they certainly didn't turn out as lovely as yours.
I have been looking everywhere for a slipcover for my wingback chair - where did you order yours? Your blog is very nice! -Shirl
Post a Comment