Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Belated Anniversary Celebration and 200th Post

After being sick with a cold for the last three weeks I am finally on the mend.

I came home from work on St. Patty's Day ( my 37Th wedding anniversary) and went straight to bed. Mr. Honey had just showered and was ready to take me out and all I wanted to do was sleep for a hundred years!

I managed to make it to work for most of the week and then took off half of Friday and went to bed. I spent most of Saturday on the couch. By Sunday I was starting to get my energy back.

Mr. Honey surprised me by taking me to my favorite place in Carpenteria. I headed straight for the lounge chair and fell asleep to the lull of the ocean waves...heaven, simply heaven.

For a mere $104.00 a night we had the best view on the coast and a gourmet dinner at Shoals Restaurant right by the pool. Of course the dinner was not included in the price, but hey, we had the most divine dinner and atmosphere a person could ask for.

This is my 200th post since I started this blogging journey almost two years ago. I will be planning a giveaway, so stay tuned. I appreciate each and every one of my blogging friends who have encouraged me along the way, especially when Mr. Honey lost his job and things seemed pretty grim and I had little time to keep up with everyone's blogs, let alone my own. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You'll never know how much I appreciate you all.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks gorgeous, Mom! What fun!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

What a wonderful place! I can think of nothing better!! Glad you feel better and CONGRATS!!!

On the post and the anniversary!

Lou Cinda

koralee said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better...there are some nasty bugs floating around.
Your belated anniversary looks amazing.....I so wish I could relax on one of those chairs. xox

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! I'm so glad you're feeling better and what a place to help you recoop! Happy Bloggaversary too! This is so much fun, isn't it?
Thanks for popping in to see little Carter.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails