I have never had a modern contemporary aesthetic, but I still find the idea fascinating. I much prefer antiques and a more vintage approach to design, but I have to say, the idea of clean lines...well, clean anything really, has a great appeal, as of late. Maybe that's because I've been nursing a cold since I returned from the Florida Keys and my home is in much need of Spring cleaning and decluttering.
Each and every glass baubble on this modern chandelier must be hung one by one. Ah, the price of beauty! It is made with tempered recycled glass, but still, it's not for someone that has an aversion to cleaning and dusting.
I have been in awe of all the white images showing up on the most popular blogs and it does have and intoxicating seduction about it. Simple and serene.


9 comments:
i couldn't have that light fixture i don't like to dust much :) hope you have a nice weekend, love all your pictures. it's really not too late to enter so stop back if you have a chance :) susan
This reminds me of your Mom and the way she would decorate with the white walls and white carpeting.
I love West Elm! And pottery barn too ~ how lucky you are to work for them. That chandelier is fabulous, I would definitely hang that somewhere in my house!
Kathleen, great photo's! I prefer antiques and a more vintage approach to design as well, but I find that I really love to add some contemporary pieces in too! What an incredible chandelier!
I am a new follower and so happy I dropped in.
Nancy's Notes
I had no idea that Pottery Barn and William Sonoma had any connection! Wow.
The light fixture does look like a lot of work, but the beauty of it makes up for it (then again, I'm not the one cleaning it!!).
Have a great weekend, Kathleen. :-)
xoxo
Jane
The bed is definetly my favorite...I like to aspire for a look like it. You are so lucky to have such a fun job. I'm still job hunting...but only for part-time. Remaining the keeper of Sea Cottage really is still a full time job!
Hope you are feeling better soon. Stay in bed and sip your favorite hot drink! Biscotti is in my oven as I type, wish I could bring you a plate of it. ox~ Fairmaiden
Isn't design funny? I am more of as traditionalist, but since I started blogging, I like modern lines too.
Enjoyed visiting,
Laura
I didn't know Pottery Barn and William Sonoma were related! Very interesting! That light fixture is gorgeous, as are all of those pictures.
Post a Comment